Learning Functional Programming in Go
About the e-Book
Learning Functional Programming in Go Pdf
- Write concise and maintainable code with streams and high-order functions
- Understand the benefits of currying your Golang functions
- Learn the most effective design patterns for functional programming and learn when to apply each of them
- Build distributed MapReduce solutions using Go
Functional programming is a popular programming paradigm that is used to simplify many tasks and will help you write flexible and succinct code. It allows you to decompose your programs into smaller, highly reusable components, without applying conceptual restraints on how the software should be modularized.
This book bridges the language gap for Golang developers by showing you how to create and consume functional constructs in Golang.
The book is divided into four modules. The first module explains the functional style of programming; pure functional programming (FP), manipulating collections, and using high-order functions. In the second module, you will learn design patterns that you can use to build FP-style applications. In the next module, you will learn FP techniques that you can use to improve your API signatures, to increase performance, and to build better Cloud-native applications. The last module delves into the underpinnings of FP with an introduction to category theory for software developers to give you a real understanding of what pure functional programming is all about, along with applicable code examples.
By the end of the book, you will be adept at building applications the functional way.
What you will learn
- Learn how to compose reliable applications using high-order functions
- Explore techniques to eliminate side-effects using FP techniques such as currying
- Use first-class functions to implement pure functions
- Understand how to implement a lambda expression in Go
- Compose a working application using the decorator pattern
- Create faster programs using lazy evaluation
- Use Go concurrency constructs to compose a functionality pipeline
- Understand category theory and what it has to do with FP
About the Author
Lex worked for IBM Software Group and IBM Global Business Services, designing and building various enterprise business systems. He is the author of eight US patents (IT security and data transformations) and he writes a blog titled Application Development with Lex Sheehan.
Lex is available to consult and meet with your CTO, or provide in-house training on the information in this book.
Table of Contents
- Pure Functional Programming in Go
- Manipulating Collections
- Using Higher Order Functions
- SOLID Design in Go
- Adding Functionality with Decoration
- Building on an Onion Architecture
- Functional Parameters
- Increasing Performance Using Pipelining
- Intro to Category Theory for Software Developers
- Functors, Monoids, and Type Classes
Download e-Book Pdf
Amazon ViewBuy It From Amazon
This site comply with DMCA digital copyright. We do not store files not owned by us, or without the permission of the owner. We also do not have links that lead to sites DMCA copyright infringement.
If You feel that this book is belong to you and you want to unpublish it, Please Contact us .
Modern API Design with ASP.NET Core 2
Kotlin Programming By Example