Xamarin in Action
Page Count608 Pages
About the e-Book
Xamarin in Action Pdf
Xamarin in Action teaches you to build cross-platform mobile apps using Xamarin and C#. You'll explore all the layers of a Xamarin app, from design to deployment. By the end, you'll be able to build a quality, production-ready Xamarin app on iOS and Android from scratch with a high level of code reuse.
Purchase of the print book includes a free eBook in PDF, Kindle, and ePub formats from Manning Publications.
About the Technology
Rewriting the same app for iOS and Android is tedious, error-prone, and expensive. Microsoft's Xamarin drastically reduces dev time by reusing most application code—typically 70% or more. The core of your iOS and Android app is shared; you write platform-specific code only for the UI layer. And because Xamarin uses C#, your apps benefit from everything this modern language and the .NET ecosystem have to offer.
About the Book
Xamarin in Action teaches you to build cross-platform mobile apps using Xamarin and C#. You'll explore all the layers of a Xamarin app, from design to deployment. Xamarin expert Jim Bennett teaches you design practices that maximize code reuse and isolate device-specific code, making it a snap to incorporate the unique features of each OS.
- Understanding MVVM to maximize code reuse and testability
- Creating cross-platform model and UI logic layers
- Building device-specific UIs
- Unit and automated UI testing
- Preparing apps for publication with user tracking and crash analytics
About the Reader
Readers should have some experience with C#. Mobile development experience is helpful, but not assumed.
About the Author
Jim Bennett is a Xamarin MYP, Microsoft MVP, and Senior Cloud Developer Advocate at Microsoft, specializing in Xamarin mobile apps. He's a frequent speaker at events all around the world, including Xamarin user groups and Xamarin and Microsoft conferences. He regularly blogs about Xamarin development at https://jimbobbennett.io.
Table of Contents
PART 1 - GETTING STARTED WITH XAMARIN
PART 2 - BUILDING APPS
PART 3 - FROM WORKING CODE TO THE STORE
- Introducing native cross-platform applications with Xamarin
- Hello MVVM—creating a simple cross-platform app using MVVM
- MVVM—the model-view–view model design pattern
- Hello again, MVVM—understanding and enhancing our simple MVVM app
- What are we (a)waiting for? An introduction to multithreading for Xamarin apps
- Designing MVVM cross-platform apps
- Building cross-platform models
- Building cross-platform view models
- Building simple Android views
- Building more advanced Android views
- Building simple iOS views
- Building more advanced iOS views
- Running mobile apps on physical devices
- Testing mobile apps using Xamarin UITest
- Using App Center to build, test, and monitor apps
- Deploying apps to beta testers and the stores
Download e-Book Pdf
Amazon ViewBuy It From Amazon
This site comply with DMCA digital copyright. We do not store files not owned by us, or without the permission of the owner. We also do not have links that lead to sites DMCA copyright infringement.
If You feel that this book is belong to you and you want to unpublish it, Please Contact us .
OpenShift in Action
Unity in Action: Multiplatform game development in C#