Gnuplot in Action 2nd Edition
Page Count400 Pages
About the e-Book
Gnuplot in Action 2nd Edition Pdf
Gnuplot in Action, Second Edition is a major revision of this popular and authoritative guide for developers, engineers, and scientists who want to learn and use gnuplot effectively. Fully updated for gnuplot version 5, the book includes four pages of color illustrations and four bonus appendixes available in the eBook.
Purchase of the print book includes a free eBook in PDF, Kindle, and ePub formats from Manning Publications.
About the Technology
Gnuplot is an open-source graphics program that helps you analyze, interpret, and present numerical data. Available for Unix, Mac, and Windows, it is well-maintained, mature, and totally free.
About the Book
Gnuplot in Action, Second Edition is a major revision of this authoritative guide for developers, engineers, and scientists. The book starts with a tutorial introduction, followed by a systematic overview of gnuplot's core features and full coverage of gnuplot's advanced capabilities. Experienced readers will appreciate the discussion of gnuplot 5's features, including new plot types, improved text and color handling, and support for interactive, web-based display formats. The book concludes with chapters on graphical effects and general techniques for understanding data with graphs. It includes four pages of color illustrations. 3D graphics, false-color plots, heatmaps, and multivariate visualizations are covered in chapter-length appendixes available in the eBook.
- Creating different types of graphs in detail
- Animations, scripting, batch operations
- Extensive discussion of terminals
- Updated to cover gnuplot version 5
About the Reader
No prior experience with gnuplot is required. This book concentrates on practical applications of gnuplot relevant to users of all levels.
About the Author
Philipp K. Janert, PhD, is a programmer and scientist. He is the author of several books on data analysis and applied math and has been a gnuplot power user and developer for over 20 years.
Table of Contents
PART 1 GETTING STARTED
PART 2 CREATING GRAPHS
PART 3 MASTERING TECHNICALITIES
PART 4 UNDERSTANDING DATA
- Prelude: understanding data with gnuplot
- Tutorial: essential gnuplot
- The heart of the matter: the plot command
- Managing data sets and files
- Practical matters: strings, loops, and history
- A catalog of styles
- Decorations: labels, arrows, and explanations
- All about axes
- Color, style, and appearance
- Terminals and output formats
- Automation, scripting, and animation
- Beyond the defaults: workflow and styles
- Basic techniques of graphical analysis
- Topics in graphical analysis
- Coda: understanding data with graphs
Download e-Book Pdf
This site comply with DMCA digital copyright. We do not store files not owned by us, or without the permission of the owner. We also do not have links that lead to sites DMCA copyright infringement.
If You feel that this book is belong to you and you want to unpublish it, Please Contact us .
Kubernetes in Action
Discrete Mathematics and Functional Programming