Mastering pfSense 2nd Edition
About the e-Book
Mastering pfSense 2nd Edition Pdf
Install and configure a pfSense router/firewall, and become a pfSense expert in the process.
- You can always do more to secure your software – so extend and customize your pfSense firewall
- Build a high availability security system that’s fault-tolerant – and capable of blocking potential threats
- Put the principles of better security into practice by implementing examples provided in the text
pfSense has the same reliability and stability as even the most popular commercial firewall offerings on the market – but, like the very best open-source software, it doesn’t limit you.
You’re in control – you can exploit and customize pfSense around your security needs.
Mastering pfSense - Second Edition, covers features that have long been part of pfSense such as captive portal, VLANs, traffic shaping, VPNs, load balancing, Common Address Redundancy Protocol (CARP), multi-WAN, and routing. It also covers features that have been added with the release of 2.4, such as support for ZFS partitions and OpenVPN 2.4. This book takes into account the fact that, in order to support increased cryptographic loads, pfSense version 2.5 will require a CPU that supports AES-NI.
The second edition of this book places more of an emphasis on the practical side of utilizing pfSense than the previous edition, and, as a result, more examples are provided which show in step-by-step fashion how to implement many features.
What you will learn
- Configure pfSense services such as DHCP, Dynamic DNS, captive portal, DNS, NTP and SNMP
- Set up a managed switch to work with VLANs
- Use pfSense to allow, block and deny traffic, and to implement Network Address Translation (NAT)
- Make use of the traffic shaper to lower and raise the priority of certain types of traffic
- Set up and connect to a VPN tunnel with pfSense
- Incorporate redundancy and high availability by utilizing load balancing and the Common Address Redundancy Protocol (CARP)
- Explore diagnostic tools in pfSense to solve network problems
Who this book is for
This book is for those with at least an intermediate understanding of networking. Prior knowledge of pfSense would be helpful but is not required.
Those who have the resources to set up a pfSense firewall, either in a real or virtual environment, will especially benefit, as they will be able to follow along with the examples in the book.
Table of Contents
- Revisiting pfSense Basics
- Advanced pfSense Configuration
- Using pfSense as a Firewall
- Network Address Translation
- Traffic Shaping
- Virtual Private Networks
- Redundancy and High Availability
- Multiple WANs
- Routing and Bridging
- Extending pfSense with Packages
- Diagnostics and Troubleshooting
Download e-Book Pdf
This site comply with DMCA digital copyright. We do not store files not owned by us, or without the permission of the owner. We also do not have links that lead to sites DMCA copyright infringement.
If You feel that this book is belong to you and you want to unpublish it, Please Contact us .
OpenStack Cloud Computing Cookbook
Sea Ice Image Processing with MATLAB