Cross-Platform Desktop Applications: Using Node, Electron, and NW.js
Page Count312 Pages
About the e-Book
Cross-Platform Desktop Applications: Using Node, Electron, and NW.js Pdf
Cross-Platform Desktop Applications guides you step-by-step through creating Node.js desktop applications with NW.js and Electron from GitHub. Foreword by Cheng Zhao, creator of Electron.
Purchase of the print book includes a free eBook in PDF, Kindle, and ePub formats from Manning Publications.
About the Technology
About the Book
Cross-Platform Desktop Applications guides you step by step through the development of desktop applications using Electron and NW.js. This example-filled guide shows you how to create your own file explorer, and then steps through some of the APIs provided by the frameworks to work with the camera, access the clipboard, make a game with keyboard controls, and build a Twitter desktop notification tool. You'll then learn how to test your applications, and debug and package them as binaries for various OSs.
- Create a selfie app with the desktop camera
- Learn how to test Electron apps with Devtron
- Learn how to use Node.js with your application
About the Reader
About the Author
Paul Jensen works at Starcount and lives in London, UK.
Table of Contents
PART 1 - WELCOME TO NODE.JS DESKTOP APPLICATION DEVELOPMENT
PART 2 - DIVING DEEPER
PART 3 - MASTERING NODE.JS DESKTOP APPLICATION DEVELOPMENT
PART 4 - GETTING READY TO RELEASE
- Introducing Electron and NW.js
- Laying the foundation for your first desktop application
- Building your first desktop application
- Shipping your first desktop application
- Using Node.js within NW.js and Electron
- Exploring NW.js and Electron's internals
- Controlling how your desktop app is displayed
- Creating tray applications
- Creating application and context menus
- Dragging and dropping files and crafting the UI
- Using a webcam in your application
- Storing app data
- Copying and pasting contents from the clipboard
- Binding on keyboard shortcuts
- Making desktop notifications
- Testing desktop apps
- Improving app performance with debugging
- Packaging the application for the wider world
Download e-Book Pdf
This site comply with DMCA digital copyright. We do not store files not owned by us, or without the permission of the owner. We also do not have links that lead to sites DMCA copyright infringement.
If You feel that this book is belong to you and you want to unpublish it, Please Contact us .
RabbitMQ in Depth
Practical Free Alternatives to Commercial Software