Behavioral Neuroscience 8th Edition
About the e-Book
Behavioral Neuroscience 8th Edition Pdf
For 20 years, instructors have relied on the textbook Biological Psychology for a definitive and comprehensive survey of the neuroscience of behavior. Thanks to the explosion of work in the neurosciences, each of the seven editions has included more neural details than the one before. Thus the time has come to revise the title to reflect the evolution of both the book and the field: Behavioral Neuroscience.
Behavioral Neuroscience, Eighth Edition, provides undergraduates with a lively survey of the field. It offers a broad perspective, encompassing cutting edge neuroscience, lucid descriptions of behavior, evolutionary and developmental perspectives, and clinical applications of research. Despite this comprehensive range of material, the authors have striven in the latest revision to lay bare the neuroscience concepts underlying behavior with concision and clarity.
- Learning is supported by a best-in-class full-color art program, including hundreds of original illustrations that make it easy to understand structures, mechanisms, and processes in the brain. Many additional graphical elements have been reproduced from primary research sources, bringing the learner closer to the science behind the subject matter.
- Every chapter includes a special feature called "The Cutting Edge" that highlights an up-to-the-moment discovery or technical innovation, while illustrating the logic and methodology of experimentation and hypothesis testing
- Each chapter ends with a unique feature, the "Visual Summary," a poster-like layout that provides a graphical review of the major topics of the chapter and directs students to the figures and online animations that reinforce each point.
- The text is supported by a rich array of internet-based resources.
- Over 500 new citations keep the text current and an excellent resource.
Thorough and reader-friendly, Behavioral Neuroscience, Eighth Edition, reveals the fascinating relationships between the brain and behavior.
Biological Psychology Newslink
This continuously updated site provides links to thousands of news stories in the field, all organized by both keyword and textbook chapter. The site is designed to help instructors keep up with the latest news in the field and find interesting topics for lectures or discussions and to provide students with an appreciation of the wide-ranging applications of the material they are studying in the course.
Each new copy of the textbook includes 180-day access to the Companion Website.
The Behavioral Neuroscience Companion Website contains a wide range of study and review resources to help students master the material presented in the textbook, as well as coverage of additional topics. For each chapter of the textbook, the site includes:
* Chapter Outlines that outline each chapter and link to relevant Study Questions
* Visual Summaries that link to all of the Activities and Videos, forming a complete review of each chapter
* Study Questions that help the student master the full range of material in each chapter
* Animations & Videos that illustrate many of the complex, dynamic concepts and processes of biological psychology
* Activities that help the student review key structures and processes
* Online Quizzes (including both multiple-choice and essay questions) that test the student's grasp of the material, with results stored in the online gradebook (instructor registration required)
* Flashcards activities that review and reinforce the many new terms introduced in each chapter
* "A Step Further," offering advanced coverage of selected topics, allowing students to explore topics more deeply
* A Glossary that provides quick access to definitions of all the important terminology in the textbook
Instructor's Resource Library
The Behavioral Neuroscience, Eighth Edition, Instructor's Resource Library includes a variety of resources to aid you in the planning of your course, the development of your lectures, and the assessment of your students, including:
* Figures and Tables: All of the line-art illustrations, photographs, and tables from the textbook are provided as both high-resolution and low-resolution JPEGs, all optimized for use in presentation software (such as PowerPoint)
* PowerPoint Resources: Two different types of PowerPoint presentations are provided for each chapter of the textbook:
- All figures, photos, and tables
- A complete lecture presentation, including selected figures
* Videos: New for the eighth edition, a robust collection of video segments from the BBC and other sources bring to life may of the important concepts discussed in the textbook. Excellent as lecture-starters and discussion topics.
* Animations: These detailed animations help enliven lectures and illustrate dynamic processes.
* Instructor's Manual and Test Bank in Word format (details below)
* Computerized Test Bank: The entire Test Bank is provided in Diploma format (software included) making it easy to quickly assemble exams using any combination of publisher-provided and custom questions. Includes the Companion Website quiz questions.
Instructor's Manual (included in the Instructor's Resource Library)
The Behavioral Neuroscience Instructor's Manual and Test Bank includes useful resources for planning your course, lectures, and exams. For each chapter of the textbook, the IM includes the following:
* A Chapter Overview that gives a big-picture snapshot of what is covered in the chapter
* A complete Chapter Outline
* A set of Key Concepts that break the chapter down into its core elements
* Additional References for lecture/course development
Test Bank (included in the Instructor's Resource Library)
A comprehensive set of questions is provided for each chapter, including multiple-choice, fill-in-the-blank, matching, essay, definition, and paragraph development questions that cover the full range of material in the chapter (Companion Website quiz questions included).
The Companion Website includes online quizzes that can be assigned by instructors or used as self-review exercises. For each chapter of the textbook, a set of multiple-choice questions and a set of essay questions are provided. Quizzes can be customized with any combination of the default questions and an instructor's own questions, and can be assigned as desired. Results of the quizzes are stored in the online gradebook. (Instructors must register in order for their students to be able to take the quizzes.)
Download e-Book Pdf
Amazon ViewBuy It From Amazon
This site comply with DMCA digital copyright. We do not store files not owned by us, or without the permission of the owner. We also do not have links that lead to sites DMCA copyright infringement.
If You feel that this book is belong to you and you want to unpublish it, Please Contact us .
Color Atlas of Brainstem Surgery
Diagnosis and Treatment of Furcation-Involved Teeth