Remote Usability Testing
About the e-Book
Remote Usability Testing Pdf
Gain actionable insights from qualitative remote studies to improve user experience
- Understand the different usability testing methodologies and their strengths and weaknesses
- Master the execution of remote studies
- Learn how to analyze and present study results
Book Description Usability testing is a subdiscipline of User Experience. Its goal is to ensure that a given product is easy to use and the user's experience with the product is intuitive and satisfying. Usability studies are conducted with study participants who are representative of the target users to gather feedback on a user interface. The feedback is then used to refine and improve the user interface.
Remote studies involve fewer logistics, allow participation regardless of location and are quicker and cheaper to execute compared to in person studies, while delivering valuable insights. The users are not inhibited by being in a new environment under observation; they can act naturally in their familiar environment. Remote unmoderated studies additionally have the advantage of being independent of time zones.
This book will teach you how to conduct qualitative remote usability studies, in particular remote moderated and unmoderated studies. Each chapter provides actionable tips on how to use each methodology and how to compensate for the specific nature of each methodology. The book also provides material to help with planning and executing each study type.
What you will learn
- Choose the most suitable remote study methodology
- Establish a clear goal for the study
- Plan the study execution
- Understand recruitment logistics, expectations and compensation
- Set up and moderate remote studies
- Write good tasks and questions for each methodology
- Analyze and document the study results
- Deliver results that align with the goal for the study
Who this book is for This book is for user experience (UX) professionals familiar with traditional in-person usability testing methodologies, or for UX designers with no prior exposure to user research and usability testing. Customer experience professionals or product managers who want to understand remote usability testing will also find this book useful. No knowledge of remote usability testing is needed.
Table of Contents
- Why Everyone Should Run Remote Usability Studies
- What Not to Forget When Planning Your Study
- How to Effectively Recruit Participants
- Running a Remote Moderated Study
- Running a Remote Unmoderated Study with User Videos
- Running a Remote Unmoderated Study with a Survey
- Running a Remote Unmoderated Study with a Hybrid Approach
- What to Consider When Analyzing and Presenting the Study Results
- Thanks! And what now?
Download e-Book Pdf
This site comply with DMCA digital copyright. We do not store files not owned by us, or without the permission of the owner. We also do not have links that lead to sites DMCA copyright infringement.
If You feel that this book is belong to you and you want to unpublish it, Please Contact us .
Java and Eclipse for Computer Science
Java and Algorithmic Thinking for the Complete Beginner – Compact Edition