Robot Operating System Cookbook
Page Count484 Pages
About the e-Book
Robot Operating System Cookbook Pdf
Leverage the power of ROS to build exciting collaborative robots.
- Delve into an open source, meta-operating system for your robot
- Get acquainted with tools and libraries for building and running code on multiple platforms
- Use Gazebo to model your robot and create a virtual environment
This book will leverage the power of ROS with an introduction to its core and advanced concepts through exciting recipes. You will get acquainted with the use of different synchronous and asynchronous communication methods, including messages, services, and actions. You will learn how to use the various debugging and visualization tools used in development and how to interface sensors and actuators with the ROS framework.
Firstly, you will get to grips with ROS simulation frameworks, such as Gazebo and RotorS for modeling and simulating any physical robot and virtual environment. You will also cover mobile robotics, micro-aerial vehicles, and robotic arms, which are the leading branches of robotic applications. Robot Operating System Cookbook will also guide you in the development of an autonomous navigation framework for both mobile robots and micro-aerial vehicles.
Finally, you will explore ROS-Industrial, an open source project that extends the advanced capabilities of ROS software to manufacturing industries.
What you will learn
- Explore advanced concepts, such as ROS pluginlib, nodelets, and actionlib
- Work with ROS visualization, profiling, and debugging tools
- Gain experience in robot modeling and simulation using Gazebo
- Understand the ROS Navigation Stack for mobile robots
- Configure a MoveIt! package for a manipulator robot
- Develop an autonomous navigation framework for MAV using ORB SLAM and MoveIt
- Integrate sensors, actuators, and robots into the ROS ecosystem
- Get acquainted with the ROS-Industrial package with hardware support, capabilities, and applications
Who This Book Is For
If you're a researcher or engineer with an interest in the problems, solutions, and future research issues that you may encounter in the development of robotic applications, this book is for you. Basic knowledge of C++ and Python programming with the GNU/Linux environment is strongly recommended to assist with understanding the key concepts covered in the book.
Download e-Book Pdf
This site comply with DMCA digital copyright. We do not store files not owned by us, or without the permission of the owner. We also do not have links that lead to sites DMCA copyright infringement.
If You feel that this book is belong to you and you want to unpublish it, Please Contact us .
Practical DevOps: Implement DevOps organization
Splunk Operational Intelligence Cookbook