Percutaneous Mitral Leaflet Repair
Page Count194 Pages
About the e-Book
Percutaneous Mitral Leaflet Repair Pdf
Mitral regurgitation (MR) affects millions of patients worldwide. It is a progressive condition that can worsen when left untreated, possibly leading to compensatory remodeling of the left ventricle.
This can result in reduced functional capacity, poor quality of life, repeat hospitalizations, and even death from heart failure. Open, arrested heart surgery has until now been the therapeutic treatment of choice. However, many high-risk patients cannot tolerate traditional heart surgery and continue to suffer from severe MR.
In Percutaneous Mitral Leaflet Repair: MitraClip Therapy for Mitral Regurgitation, international experts discuss the clinical application of percutaneous mitral valve therapies for this subsect of patients, focusing on the MitraClip device. These new therapeutic developments will form an essential component of the interventional cardiologists’ armamentarium in treating MR patients and will be of interest to every practicing cardiologist.
Key topics include:
• An overview of the anatomy and pathophysiology of the mitral valvular complex and MR
• EVEREST trial outcomes, and the development of percutaneous edge-to-edge repair
• Updates on the global experience with this new therapy
• Patient selection and the role of percutaneous therapies for high-risk patients
• Echocardiographic guidance, including practical tips for the use of transesophageal echocardiography during a procedure
• Step-by-step techniques, plus tips and tricks for getting the best results for your patients
• Special considerations for treating the returning MR repair patient
• Discussion of the European experience since CE approval
• Future directions in percutaneous mitral valve therapies
Download e-Book Pdf
Amazon ViewBuy It From Amazon
This site comply with DMCA digital copyright. We do not store files not owned by us, or without the permission of the owner. We also do not have links that lead to sites DMCA copyright infringement.
If You feel that this book is belong to you and you want to unpublish it, Please Contact us .
The Clinical Handbook for Surgical Critical Care
Cancer Vaccines: From Research to Clinical Practice