Practical Protocols: XMPP
About the e-Book
Practical Protocols: XMPP Pdf
XMPP (eXtensible Messaging and Presence Protocol) is a messaging protocol that enables communication between two or more devices via the Internet. It is used primarily to power instant-messaging services such as Jabber and WhatsApp. In this way, it is similar to other protocols such as WebRTC, which enable near real-time communication between Internet-connected devices.
With this book, developers will learn about the fundamentals of XMPP, be able to work with the core functionality both server-side and in the browser, as well as starting to explore several of the protocol extensions. Get a solid grasp of XMPP and how it works, and be able to use the protocol to build real-world applications that utilize the power of XMPP. By the end of this book, you will know more about networking applications in general, have a good understanding of how to extend XMPP for your needs, and use it in applications.
What you will learn
- Install and configure an XMPP server and use it to connect from a traditional desktop client and send a message
- Build a simple server-side application that will respond to messages from our logged in desktop client
- Install and run XMPP-FTW, connect to the server from the browser, and handle incoming/outgoing messages
- Connect to a multi-user chat room, send/receive stanzas, add a room password, join a protected room, set the room’s subject, and change a user’s affiliation
- Get to grips with the publish-subscribe extension of XMPP and use it to build a pusher system that can make any website real-time
- Build a simple XMPP component and create an extension for XMPP-FTW that allows you to use your own custom format
- Build an XMPP version of the classic game “Pong”
Download e-Book Pdf
Amazon ViewBuy It From Amazon
This site comply with DMCA digital copyright. We do not store files not owned by us, or without the permission of the owner. We also do not have links that lead to sites DMCA copyright infringement.
If You feel that this book is belong to you and you want to unpublish it, Please Contact us .
Bootstrap for ASP.NET MVC
Spark 2.0 for Beginners