Mader's Reptile and Amphibian Medicine and Surgery 3rd Edition
About the e-Book
Mader's Reptile and Amphibian Medicine and Surgery 3rd Edition Pdf
Known as "the bible" of herpetological medicine and surgery, Mader’s Reptile and Amphibian Medicine and Surgery, 3rd Edition edited by Stephen Divers and Scott Stahl provides a complete veterinary reference for reptiles and amphibians, including specific sections on practice management and development; taxonomy, anatomy, physiology, behavior, stress and welfare; captive husbandry and management including nutrition, heating and lighting; infectious diseases and laboratory sciences; clinical techniques and procedures; sedation, anesthesia and analgesia; diagnostic imaging; endoscopy; medicine; surgery; therapy; differential diagnoses by clinical signs; specific disease/condition summaries; population health and public health; and legal topics. Well-organized and concise, this new edition covers just about everything related to reptiles and amphibians by utilizing an international array of contributing authors that were selected based on their recognized specialization and expertise, bringing a truly global perspective to this essential text!
- Highly knowledgeable, well respected, recognized specialists add a global view of the subject matter.
- Details on creating, building and maintaining your herpetological veterinary practice
- The extensive biology of a wide variety of species is covered, including snakes, lizards, turtles, crocodiles, tuatara and amphibians, providing an understanding of the unique anatomy and physiology of these species, which is a vital prerequisite of medicine and surgery.
- Spellings of all North American reptiles and amphibians approved by The Committee of Standard English and Scientific Names ensures students have the most up-to-date naming conventions for these exotic species.
- Thorough coverage of taxa-specific husbandry and management practices, as well as current nutritional recommendations, advances in lighting, welfare, and behavioral training.
- Dedicated section on infectious diseases (virology, bacteriology, mycology, parasitology) and laboratory diagnostics
- Detailed, step-by-step techniques and procedures including catheters and feeding tubes, and modern recommendation on hospitalization and euthanasia.
- Completely revised chapters on sedation, general anesthesia, analgesia, local anesthesia and amphibian anesthesia
- Completely revised chapters on radiography, ultrasonography, CT, MRI, scintigraphy, diagnostic endoscopy and endosurgery
- Greatly expanded medicine section details all major areas including urology, hepatology, cardiology, dermatology, ophthalmology, gastroenterology, pulmonology, neurology, oncology, endocrinology, theriogenology, musculoskeletal, vascular/hematopoietic/immunology, behavioral medicine, nutritional diseases, perinatology, geriatrics, emergency and critical care, toxicology and amphibian medicine.
- Completely revised and expanded surgery section includes the eye, ear, rhinarium, oral cavity, integument, coeliotomy and internal viscera, cloaca, amphibian soft tissue surgery, orthopedics and amputation.
- Expanded and updated therapy section on antimicrobials, anti-virals, anti-parasiticides, anti-inflammatories, including new chapters on psychopharmacology, oncologic therapies, photobiomodulation, wound management, and rehabilitation.
- A revised list of common conditions and diseases allows busy practitioners to review the most common, clinically significant, hot topics quickly and clearly.
- Expanded section on population health includes new chapters on commercial reptile farming, large collection management, breeders/wholesalers & retail, laboratory management, conservation issues and ecosystem health.
- Updated international, European and US legislation with new chapters on forensics and jurisprudence, expert testimony and court appearances.
Section 1: Practice Management & Development 1. Reptile Practice Management 2. Reference Resources for the Reptile Clinician 3. Understanding the Human-Reptile Relationship 4. Veterinary Specialization 5. The Importance of Herpetological Publication by Clinicians and Academics 6. Statistics for the Clinician
Section 2: Biology (Taxonomy, Anatomy, Physiology and Behavior) 7. Taxonomy, Anatomy and Physiology of Tortoises, Turtles and Terrapins 8. Taxonomy, Anatomy and Physiology of Snakes 9. Taxonomy, Anatomy and Physiology of Lizards 10. Taxonomy, Anatomy and Physiology or Crocodilians 11. Taxonomy, Anatomy and Physiology of Tuataras 12. Taxonomy, Anatomy and Physiology of Amphibians 13. Natural Behaviors 14. Conditioning and Behavioral Training 15. Stress and Welfare of Reptiles and Amphibians
Section 3: Husbandry and Management 16. General Husbandry and Management of Reptiles 17. Environmental Lighting 18. Disinfection 19. Quarantine 20. Snakes 21. Lizards 22. Management of Venomous Species 23. Tortoises, Freshwater Aquatic Turtles and Terrapins 24. Sea Turtles 25. Crocodilians 26. Tuatara 27. Nutrition 28. General Husbandry and Management of Amphibians
Section 4: Infectious Diseases and Laboratory Sciences 29. Bacteriology 30. Virology 31. Mycology 32. Parasitology Including Hemoparasites 33. Hematology 34. Clinical Chemistry 35. Hematology and Biochemistry Tables 36. Molecular Diagnostics 37. Immunopathology 38. Cytology 39. Biopsy 40. Necropsy 41. Commercial and Analytical Labs
Section 5: Techniques and Procedures 42. Handling and Physical Examination 43. Diagnostic Techniques and Sample Collection 44. Catheter Placement 45. Esophogastric Feeding Tube Placement 46. Hospitilization 47. Euthanasia
Section 6: Anesthesia 48. Sedation 49. General Anestheisa 50. Analgesia 51. Regional Anesthesia and Analgesia 52. Amphibian Anesthesia
Section 7: Diagnostic Imaging 53. Radiography - General Principles 54. Radiography - Lizards 55. Radiography - Snakes 56. Radiography - Chelonians 57. Radiography - Crocodilians 58. Ultrasonography 59. Computed Tomography 60. Magnetic Resonance Imaging 61. Scintigraphy
Section 8: Endoscopy 62. Diagnostic and Surgical Endoscopy Equipment 63. Endoscopy practice management and marketing 64. Diagnostic Endoscopy 65. Endoscope-Assisted and Endoscopic Surgery
Section 9: Medicine 66. Urology 67. Hepatology 68. Cardiology 69. Dermatology I (Skin) 70. Dermatology II (Shell) 71. Ophthalmology 72. Otorhinolaryngology 73. Gastroenterology I (Oral cavity, esophagus, stomach) 74. Gastroenterology II (Small and large intestines) 75. Gastroenterology III (Cloaca) 76. Pulmonology 77. Neurology 78. Oncology 79. Endocrinology 80. Theriogenology 81. Musculoskeletal 82. Vascular, Hematopoietic Immunology 83. Clinical Behavioral Medicine 84. Nutritional Diseases 85. Perinatology 86. Geriatrics 87. Emergency and Critical Care 88. Toxicology 89. Amphibian Medicine Overview
Section 10: Surgery 90. Surgical Equipment, Instrumentation and General Principles 91. Eye 92. Ear 93. Rhinarium 94. Oral Cavity 95. Venemoid surgery 96. Integument - Skin 97. Coeliotomy - Snake 98. Coeliotomy - Lizard 99. Prefemoral Coeliotomy - Chelonian 100. Transplastron Coeliotomy - Chelonian 101. Coeliotomy - Crocodilian 102. Respiratory Tract 103. Gastro-Intestinal Surgery 104. Urinary Tract 105. Reproductive Tract 106. Cloacal Surgery 107. Amphibian Soft Tissue Surgery 108. External Coaptation 109. Fracture Fixation 110. Spinal Surgery 111. Limb Amputation 112. Tail Amputation 113. Shell Surgery and Repair
Section 11: Therapy 114. Therapeutic Overview and General Approach 115. Routes of Administration 116. Antibiotic Therapy 117. Antifungal Therapy 118. Antiviral Therapy 119. Anti-Inflammatory Therapy 120. Anti-Parasitic Therapy 121. Mental Health Treatment 122. Nutritional Therapy 123. Chemotherapy 124. Radiation Therapy 125. Miscellaneous Drug Therapy 126. Allometric Scaling 127. Reptile Formulary 128. Amphibian Formulary 129. Low Level LASER Therapy 130. Wound Management 131. Rehabilitation and Physical Therapy 132. Alternative and Complimentary Therapies
Section 12: Differential Diagnosis by Clinical Signs 133. Snakes 134. Lizards 135. Chelonians 136. Crocodilians 137. Amphibians
Section 13: Specific Disease/ Case Summary 138. Abscesses 139. Acariasis 140. Regurgitiation and Vomiting 141. Aural Abscess 142. Bites and Prey-Induced Trauma 143. Cloacal Prolapse 144. Cryptosporidiosis (Lizards) 145. Cryptosporidiosis (Snakes) 146. Urolithiasis (cystic calculi, cloacal uroliths) 147. Diarrhea 148. Digit Abnormalities 149. Dysecdysis 150. Dystocia 151. Gout 152. Hemoparasites 153. Hepatic Lipidosis 154. Herpesviruses of Tortoises 155. Hyperglycemia 156. Hyper and Hypovitaminosis A 157. Inclusion Body Disease 158. Secondary Nutritional Hyperparathyroidism 159. Neurologic Disorders 160. Paramyxoviruses 161. Periodontal Disease 162. Pneumonia 163. Pseudogout 164. Renal Disease 165. Shell Damage 166. Salmonellosis 167. Spinal Osteopathy 168. Tail Damage 169. Thermal Burns 170. Stomatitis 171. Scent Gland Adenitis 172. Mycoplasmosis and Upper Respiratory Tract Disease 173. Chytridiomycosis
Section 14: Population and Public Health 174. Zoonoses and Public Health 175. Working With Free-Ranging Reptiles 176. Medical Management and Rehabilitation of Sea Turtles 177. Commercial Reptile Farming 178. Large Zoo and Private Collection Management 179. Breeders, Wholesale and Retail 180. Laboratory Reptile and Amphibian Management 181. Conservation Issues 182. Herpetofauna and Ecosystem Health
Section 15: Legal Topics 183. International Legislation 184. European Legislation 185. US Federal Legislation 186. Forensics 187. Jurisprudence, Expert Reports, Testimony and Court Appearance
Download e-Book Pdf
Amazon ViewBuy It From Amazon
This site comply with DMCA digital copyright. We do not store files not owned by us, or without the permission of the owner. We also do not have links that lead to sites DMCA copyright infringement.
If You feel that this book is belong to you and you want to unpublish it, Please Contact us .
Surgical Decision Making
Brock Biology of Microorganisms