Page Count334 Pages
About the e-Book
Strabismus Surgery Pdf
A unique how-to guide on surgical management of strabismus from top experts in the field!
Strabismus correction is the third most common ophthalmic surgery in the US, with 1.2 million procedures performed each year. Strabismus Surgery by renowned pediatric ophthalmologist Irene Ludwig provides comprehensive coverage of strabismus treatment – featuring state-of-the-art techniques based on recent anatomical research and discoveries. Throughout the text and accompanying videos, an impressive group of contributors share clinical pearls and firsthand knowledge.
Recent research shows that strabismus has a mechanical etiology more frequently than previously thought, and that by directly correcting the mechanical defects, more targeted correction is possible than with traditional approaches. Accordingly, the book is organized by mechanism rather than strabismic deviations and patterns. Presented in four parts, each of which is further delineated by sections, this unique textbook includes 36 chapters starting with the fascinating history of strabismus surgery and concluding with future possible treatments.
- New surgical techniques designed to correct muscle displacements and muscle defects related to abnormalities of the extraocular muscle pulleys and intermuscular bands
- Recognition and repair of stretched scar and flap tear
- A section dedicated to CNS-related causes of strabismus discusses state-of-the-art surgical approaches for conditions including nystagmus and cranial nerve palsies
- A comprehensive summary of injection techniques using botulinum toxin and bupivacaine to correct strabismus, particularly in otherwise inoperable conditions
- Ninety strabismus surgery videos demonstrate a full spectrum of basic to advanced techniques
- Remarkable illustrations beautifully capture the complex anatomy of the eye muscles and pulleys
The mechanistic approaches described in this outstanding resource will help trainees and seasoned ophthalmologists achieve more precise and lasting results.
Download e-Book Pdf
Amazon ViewBuy It From Amazon
This site comply with DMCA digital copyright. We do not store files not owned by us, or without the permission of the owner. We also do not have links that lead to sites DMCA copyright infringement.
If You feel that this book is belong to you and you want to unpublish it, Please Contact us .
Breast MRI Interpretation: Text and Online Case Analysis for Screening and Diagnosis
Anatomy: An Essential Textbook