Assessments in Occupational Therapy Mental Health 2nd Edition
Page Count544 Pages
About the e-Book
Assessments in Occupational Therapy Mental Health 2nd Edition Pdf
Barbara Hemphill-Pearson’s Assessments in Occupational Therapy Mental Health has been updated and expanded into a much anticipated Second Edition. This text is a unique compilation of mental health assessments that are used in practice and taught in occupational therapy clinics and academic programs. With 30 contributors from a wide range of specialty areas in occupational therapy, this text is significantly revised with 23 chapters divided into 9 sections. The revisions elucidate the authors’ perspectives so that they can be incorporated into mental health practices.
Assessments in Occupational Therapy Mental Health, Second Edition proposes an exciting integrated approach to assessing multiple systems. The chapters in this text also present a thorough process for approaching client evaluation. In addition, the reasoning process is explored in a way that is helpful to occupational therapy students and practitioners at all levels.
Topic Included in the Second Edition:
• Integrative approach in assessment
• Interviewing process
• Psychological assessment
• Learning assessment
• Behavioral assessment
• Biological and spiritual assessment
• Computerized assessment
New to the Second Edition:
• Projective media assessments
• Spirituality concerns
• Assessments in wellness and pediatrics
• Evidence based research
While introducing new assessments and offering updated information, this Second Edition supports an occupational therapist’s development of evaluation responsibilities. Also, incorporated throughout the text is the Occupational Therapy Practice Framework.
Each Chapter Includes:
• A theoretical base on the assessment including historical development, rationale for development, behaviors assessed, appropriate patient use, review of literature, and assessment adminstration
• How the instrument is administered, which will include the procedures, problems with administering, and materials needed
• The presentation of a case study and interpretation of results
• Statistical analysis and recent studies
• Suggestions for further research to continue the development and refinement of assessments in mental health occupational therapy
Overall, Assessments in Occupational Therapy Mental Health provides information that can be used to scrutinize evaluation procedures and practices while providing a sound foundation for a holistic, integrated approach to client assessment.
Download e-Book Pdf
Amazon ViewBuy It From Amazon
This site comply with DMCA digital copyright. We do not store files not owned by us, or without the permission of the owner. We also do not have links that lead to sites DMCA copyright infringement.
If You feel that this book is belong to you and you want to unpublish it, Please Contact us .
International Trauma Life Support for Emergency Care Providers
Basic Concepts of Psychiatric-Mental Health Nursing