OpenStack Trove Essentials
About the e-Book
OpenStack Trove Essentials Pdf
Build your own cloud based Database as a Service using OpenStack Trove
About This Book
- Familiarize yourself with the concept of Database as a Service and make your existing system scalable and efficient with OpenStack Trove
- Minimize the administrative tasks and complexities of managing your cloud infrastructure
- This is a fast-paced guide to datastore management on the OpenStack platform using OpenStack Trove
Who This Book Is For
If you are a DBA / system administrator / architect, or a student who wants to build a Database as a Service based on OpenStack, this book is for you. You should have a basic knowledge of OpenStack components, RDBMS/NoSQL, IaaS, and cloud computing.
What You Will Learn
- Get to grips with the basics of OpenStack and the prerequisites to install Trove
- Understand the expectations of DBaaS and how Trove can help you achieve them
- Set up a basic installation of DevStack (Development Stack) in a virtual box
- Install Trove and utilize its configuration groups to manage and tune databases
- Use Image builder to create guest images for Trove
- Utilize Trove to provision your first database instance
- Back up and restore your databases with the help of Trove
OpenStack has become an extremely popular solution to build public and private clouds with. Database as a Service (DBaaS) enables the delivery of more agile database services at lower costs. Some other benefits of DBaaS are secure database deployments and compliance to standards and best practices. Trove is a DBaaS built on OpenStack and is becoming more popular by the day.
Since Trove is one of the most recent projects of OpenStack, DBAs and system administrators can find it difficult to set up and run a DBaaS using OpenStack Trove. This book helps DBAs make that step. We start by introducing you to the concepts of DBaaS and how is it implemented using OpenStack Trove. Following this, we look at implementing OpenStack and deploying Trove. Moving on, you will learn to create guest images to be used with Trove. We then look at how to provision databases in self-service mode, and how to perform administration tasks such as backup and recovery, and fine-tuning databases. At the end of the book, we will examine some advanced features of Trove such as replication.
Style and approach
This fast-paced, step-by-step guide introduces you to DBaaS, OpenStack Trove, and its components, leading you through building your own Cloud-based DBaaS. Using the DevStack deployment method, you will spend less time on installing OpenStack so you can devote more time to learning how to provision and manage databases in a DBaaS environment.
Download e-Book Pdf
Amazon ViewBuy It From Amazon
This site comply with DMCA digital copyright. We do not store files not owned by us, or without the permission of the owner. We also do not have links that lead to sites DMCA copyright infringement.
If You feel that this book is belong to you and you want to unpublish it, Please Contact us .
Mobile Application Penetration Testing