Java 9 with JShell
Page Count408 Pages
About the e-Book
Java 9 with JShell Pdf
- A full account of Java 9's new features
- This tutorial emphasises fluency using JShell exercises
- Get a thorough introduction to contract programming code reuse via Java generics
- Learn how to use the new module system
- How to use proper functional programming style inside Java 9
The release of Java 9 has brought many subtle and not-so-subtle changes to the way in which Java programmers approach their code. The most important ones are definitely the availability of a REPL, known as JShell, which will make experiments and prototyping much more straightforward than the old IDE-based project-led approach. Another, more subtle change can be seen in the module system, which will lead to more modularized, maintainable code. The techniques to take full advantage of object-oriented code, functional programming and the new modularity features in Java 9 form the main subjects of this book.
Each chapter will add to the full picture of Java 9 programming starting out with classes and instances and ending with generics and modularity in Java.
What you will learn
- Engage with object-oriented programming in Java 9, starting with code snippets in JShell
- Optimize your code, applying functional programming features
- Discover the advantages of modularity
- Become very proficient at using JShell itself
- Learn the new approach to Java programming, which uses the REPL as a prototyping tool
About the Author
Gaston C. Hillar is Italian and has been working with computers since he was 8 years old. In the early 80s, he began programming with the legendary Texas TI-99/4A and Commodore 64 home computers. Gaston has a bachelor's degree in computer science (he graduated with honors). He also holds an MBA (he graduated with an outstanding thesis). At present, Gaston is an independent IT consultant and a freelance author who is always looking for new adventures around the world.
He was a senior contributing editor at Dr. Dobb's and has written more than a hundred articles on software development topics. He has received the prestigious Intel® Black Belt Software Developer award eight times. He has written many articles about Java for Oracle Java Magazine. Gaston was also a former Microsoft MVP in technical computing.
He is a guest blogger at Intel® Software Network (http://software.intel.com). You can reach him at [email protected] and follow him on Twitter at http://twitter.com/gastonhillar. Gaston's blog is http://csharpmulticore.blogspot.com.
He lives with his wife, Vanesa, and his two sons, Kevin and Brandon.
Table of Contents
- JShell – A Read-Evaluate-Print-Loop for Java 9
- Real-World Objects to UML Diagrams and Java 9 via JShell
- Classes and Instances
- Encapsulation of Data
- Mutable and Immutable Classes
- Inheritance, Abstraction, Extension, and Specialization
- Members Inheritance and Polymorphism
- Contract Programming with Interfaces
- Advanced Contract Programming with Interfaces
- Maximization of Code Reuse with Generics
- Advanced Generics
- Object-Oriented, Functional Programming, and Lambda Expressions
- Modularity in Java 9
- Exercise Answers
Download e-Book Pdf
Amazon ViewBuy It From Amazon
This site comply with DMCA digital copyright. We do not store files not owned by us, or without the permission of the owner. We also do not have links that lead to sites DMCA copyright infringement.
If You feel that this book is belong to you and you want to unpublish it, Please Contact us .
GNU/Linux Rapid Embedded Programming
Angular 2 Test-driven Development