Unreal Engine 4.X By Example
Page Count506 Pages
About the e-Book
Unreal Engine 4.X By Example Pdf
- A unique resource on Unreal with an interactive example based approach that is sure to get you up and running immediately
- Will feature four unique game projects that increase in complexity which will enable readers to build their game development skills using Unreal Engine 4 and the C++ programming language
- Will be the most up to date book in the market on Unreal with full coverage of the new features of UE4
With Unreal Engine 4 being made free to use, for any keen game developer it is quickly becoming the most popular game engine in today's development industry. The engine offers a rich feature set that can be customized and built upon through the use of C++. This book will cover how to work with Unreal Engine's tool set all the way from the basics of the editor and the visual scripting system blueprint to the in-depth low-level creation of content using C++.
This book will provide you with the skills you need to create feature-rich, captivating, and refined game titles with Unreal Engine 4. This book will take you through the creation of four unique game projects, designed so that you will be ready to apply the engine's rich development capabilities. You will learn not only to take advantage of the visual tools of the engine, but also the vast and powerful programming feature set of Unreal Engine 4.
What you will learn
- Use C++ with Unreal Engine to boost the development potential of any Unreal Engine project
- Vastly improve workflow and content creation with the visual scripting system blueprint
- Design, test, and implement interesting game worlds using Unreal Engines built-in editor
- Build a networked, feature-rich first person shooter that you can play with others over LAN
- Build design-centric game worlds that play to needs of your game ideas
- Paint your game worlds via the creation and modification of visual shaders called materials
- Gain knowledge of other game development disciplines through the use of the Animation and Material tool sets
- Create feature-rich game projects with a sophisticated visual quality and feature set
About the Author
Benjamin Carnall is an enthusiastic and dedicated programmer whose love for problem solving led him to the world of game development. He relishes opportunities to learn new and interesting ways to create gameplay experiences for others. Ben began his journey with Game Development in 2012, after he graduated from Media Design School with a diploma in interactive gaming. He then went on to graduate from the same university with a bachelors of software engineering in 2014. Since then, Ben has immersed himself in the Game Development community of New Zealand—starting out as a programming contractor and working on various titles around Auckland. He then began to work as a lecturer at Media Design School and taught Graphics programming for games, Physics programming for games, and Sony PlayStation development at the bachelors level. Most recently, Ben has been working as a programmer for the studio Aroura44, developing a title called Ashen.
Table of Contents
- Introduction to Unreal Engine 4
- Blueprints and Barrels – Your First Game
- Advanced Blueprint, Animation, and Sound
- Unreal Engine, C++, and You
- Upgrade Activated – Making Bounty Dash with C++
- Power Ups for Your Character, Power Ups for the User
- Boss Mode Activated – Unreal Robots
- Advanced AI and Unreal Rendering
- Creating a Networked Shooter
- Goodbyes and Thank yous
Download e-Book Pdf
Amazon ViewBuy It From Amazon
This site comply with DMCA digital copyright. We do not store files not owned by us, or without the permission of the owner. We also do not have links that lead to sites DMCA copyright infringement.
If You feel that this book is belong to you and you want to unpublish it, Please Contact us .
Unreal Engine: Game Development from A to Z