Java 9 Concurrency Cookbook 2nd Edition
Page Count594 Pages
About the e-Book
Java 9 Concurrency Cookbook 2nd Edition Pdf
- Get detailed coverage of important recipes on multi-threading and parallel programming
- This book takes a close look at the Java 9 APIs and their impact on concurrency
- See practical examples on thread safety, high-performance classes, safe sharing, and a whole lot more
Writing concurrent and parallel programming applications is an integral skill for any Java programmer. Java 9 comes with a host of fantastic features, including significant performance improvements and new APIs.
This book will take you through all the new APIs, showing you how to build parallel and multi-threaded applications. The book covers all the elements of the Java Concurrency API, with essential recipes that will help you take advantage of the exciting new capabilities.
You will learn how to use parallel and reactive streams to process massive data sets. Next, you will move on to create streams and use all their intermediate and terminal operations to process big collections of data in a parallel and functional way.
Further, you'll discover a whole range of recipes for almost everything, such as thread management, synchronization, executors, parallel and reactive streams, and many more. At the end of the book, you will learn how to obtain information about the status of some of the most useful components of the Java Concurrency API and how to test concurrent applications using different tools.
What you will learn
- Find out to manage the basic components of the Java Concurrency API
- Use synchronization mechanisms to avoid data race conditions and other problems of concurrent applications
- Separate the thread management from the rest of the application with the Executor framework
- Solve problems using a parallelized version of the divide and conquer paradigm with the Fork / Join framework
- Process massive data sets in an optimized way using streams and reactive streams
- See which data structures we can use in concurrent applications and how to use them
- Practice efficient techniques to test concurrent applications
- Get to know tips and tricks to design concurrent applications
About the Author
Javier Fernandez Gonzalez is a software architect with almost 15 years of experience in Java technologies. He has worked as a teacher, researcher, programmer, analyst, and writer, and he now works as an architect in all types of projects related to Java, especially J2EE. As a teacher, has taken over 1,000 hours of training in basic Java, J2EE, and the Struts framework. As a researcher, he has worked in the field of information retrieval, developing applications for processing large amounts of data in Java, and has participated as a coauthor in several journal articles and conference presentations. Recently, he worked on developing J2EE web applications for various clients from different sectors (public administration, insurance, healthcare, transportation, and so on). Currently, he works as a software architect. He is the author of the book, Java 7 Concurrency Cookbook and Mastering Concurrency Programming with Java 8 by Packt.
Table of Contents
- Thread Management
- Basic Thread Synchronization
- Thread Synchronization Utilities
- Thread Executors
- Fork/Join Framework
- Parallel and Reactive Streams
- Concurrent Collections
- Customizing Concurrency Classes
- Testing Concurrent Applications
- Additional Information
- Concurrent Programming Design
Download e-Book Pdf
Amazon ViewBuy It From Amazon
This site comply with DMCA digital copyright. We do not store files not owned by us, or without the permission of the owner. We also do not have links that lead to sites DMCA copyright infringement.
If You feel that this book is belong to you and you want to unpublish it, Please Contact us .
Expert Data Visualization
Learning Apache Cassandra