Software-Defined Networking (SDN) with OpenStack
About the e-Book
Software-Defined Networking (SDN) with OpenStack Pdf
- Learn how to leverage critical SDN technologies for OpenStack Networking APIs via plugins and drivers
- Champion the skills of achieving complete SDN with OpenStack with specific use cases and capabilities only covered in this title
- Discover exactly how you could implement cost-effective OpenStack SDN integration for your organization
Networking is one the pillars of OpenStack and OpenStack Networking are designed to support programmability and Software-Defined Networks. OpenStack Networking has been evolving from simple APIs and functionality in Quantum to more complex capabilities in Neutron.
Armed with the basic knowledge, this book will help the readers to explore popular SDN technologies, namely, OpenDaylight (ODL), OpenContrail, Open Network Operating System (ONOS) and Open Virtual Network (OVN).
The first couple of chapters will provide an overview of OpenStack Networking and SDN in general. Thereafter a set of chapters are devoted to OpenDaylight (ODL), OpenContrail and their integration with OpenStack Networking. The book then introduces you to Open Network Operating System (ONOS) which is fast becoming a carrier grade SDN platform. We will conclude the book with overview of upcoming SDN projects within OpenStack namely OVN and Dragonflow.
By the end of the book, the readers will be familiar with SDN technologies and know how they can be leveraged in an OpenStack based cloud.
What you will learn
- Understand how OVS is used for Overlay networks
- Get familiar with SDN Controllers with Architectural details and functionalities
- Create core ODL services and understand how OpenDaylight integrates with OpenStack to provide SDN capabilities
- Understand OpenContrail architecture and how it supports key SDN functionality such as Service Function Chaining (SFC) along with OpenStack
- Explore Open Network Operating System (ONOS) – a carrier grade SDN platform embraced by the biggest telecom service providers
- Learn about upcoming SDN technologies in OpenStack such as Dragonflow and OVN
About the Author
Sriram Subramanian is an experienced professional with over 19 years' experience of building networking and network management products. Since 2011, Sriram has been working with Juniper Networks, leading engineering teams responsible for OpenStack Neutron plugins, VMware integration, and network management products. He is a technologist with a passion for virtualization and cloud networking. Sriram blogs regularly at http://www.innervoice.in/blogs and loves experimenting with new technologies and programming. He is the author of OpenStack Networking Cookbook, Packt.
Sreenivas Voruganti is presently driving IoT solutions at Aricent. He previously led engineering teams responsible for building networking, wireless LAN, and SDN products at Juniper Networks. He has contributed to building a range of IP and ATM-based Telco products at Lucent Technologies, Tellabs, and BHEL.
He is an avid student of emerging trends in networking and virtualization technologies and is passionate about integrating them to deliver solutions. His current interests include IoT, SDN, and NFV.
He is an inventor and has US Patent grants on networking, QoS, and wireless.
Table of Contents
- OpenStack Networking in a Nutshell
- Introduction to Software-Defined Networking
- SDN Protocols
- SDN Networking with Open vSwitch
- Getting Started with OpenDaylight
- Using OpenDaylight with OpenStack
- Getting Started with OpenContrail
- OpenContrail Networking with OpenStack
- Open Network Operating System (ONOS)
- OVN and Open vSwitch Enhancements
This site comply with DMCA digital copyright. We do not store files not owned by us, or without the permission of the owner. We also do not have links that lead to sites DMCA copyright infringement.
If You feel that this book is belong to you and you want to unpublish it, Please Contact us .
Web Scalability for Startup Engineers
Developing Business Applications for the Web