Getting Started with Gulp 2nd Edition
Page Count132 Pages
About the e-Book
Getting Started with Gulp 2nd Edition Pdf
- Gain a solid understanding of Gulp and write your own custom tasks from scratch
- Discover ways to add additional functionality to improve your tasks
- Get up-and-running with new features added to the latest version of Gulp
This book is a hands-on guide to get you up to speed with gulp. You will quickly learn how to install, configure, and run your own build system. It will instill you with the ability to automate several common development tasks to vastly improve your development workflow. This book first demonstrates various Gulp use cases before running through the steps of configuring, running, and customizing Gulp, providing you with core concepts of gulp, node.js, and npm. Diving a bit deeper into the gulp ecosystem, we will discuss when and why to use a node module instead of a gulp plugin. We will also go over a few issues that we can run into while using gulp and learn about ways to work around them to improve your gulp experience.
By the end of this book, you will be able to create your very own gulp build from scratch, create and maintain tasks and project builds, and automate your workflow with plugins and custom tasks.
What you will learn
- How to use a command-line interface.
- Learn about Gulp, Node.js, and npm and how they work together.
- Create a Gulpfile from scratch and implement it into a project.
- Write basic tasks that will concatenate, minify, compress, and pre-process your files.
About the Author
Travis Maynard is a software engineer who focuses on minimalism and simplicity. He is currently creating software at JazzHR to help growing companies find and hire great employees. Prior to his work at JazzHR, he designed web frameworks and user experiences at West Virginia University to serve their education and marketing efforts.
In his spare time, he actively contributes to the open source software community and occasionally writes about the Web.
Table of Contents
- Introducing Gulp
- Getting Started
- Understanding the Basics of Gulp
- Performing Tasks with Gulp
- Creating Advanced Tasks
- Tips, Tricks, and Resolving Issues
This site comply with DMCA digital copyright. We do not store files not owned by us, or without the permission of the owner. We also do not have links that lead to sites DMCA copyright infringement.
If You feel that this book is belong to you and you want to unpublish it, Please Contact us .
Vue.js 2 Cookbook
HoloLens Beginner's Guide