Page Count336 Pages
About the e-Book
Learning OpenDaylight Pdf
- Learn and understand how SDN controllers operate and integrate with networks; this book's step-by-step tutorials will give you a strong foundation in SDN, NVF, and OpenDayLight.
- Learn how to map legacy Layer 2/3 networking technologies in the SDN world
- Add new services and capabilities to your infrastructure and quickly adopt SDN and NFV within your organization with OpenDayLight.
- Integrate and manage software-defined networks efficiently in your organization.
- Build innovative network applications with OpenDayLight and save time and resources.
OpenDaylight is an open source, software-defined network controller based on standard protocols. It aims to accelerate the adoption of Software-Defined Networking (SDN) and create a solid foundation for Network Functions Virtualization (NFV).
SDN is a vast subject; many network engineers find it difficult to get started with using and operating different SDN platforms. This book will give you a practical bridge from SDN theory to the practical, real-world use of SDN in datacenters and by cloud providers.
The book will help you understand the features and use cases for SDN, NFV, and OpenDaylight.
NFV uses virtualization concepts and techniques to create virtual classes for node functions. Used together, SDN and NFV can elevate the standards of your network architecture; generic hardware-saving costs and the advanced and abstracted software will give you the freedom to evolve your network in the future without having to invest more in costly equipment.
By the end of this book, you will have learned how to design and deploy OpenDaylight networks and integrate them with physical network switches. You will also have mastered basic network programming over the SDN fabric.
What you will learn
- Transition from legacy networking to software-defined networking
- Learn how SDN controllers work and manage a network using southbound and northbound APIs
- Learn how to deploy the OpenDayLight SDN controller and integrate it with virtual switches
- Understand the basic design and operation of the OpenDaylight platform
- Build simple MD-SAL OpenDaylight applications
- Build applications on top of OpenDayLight to trigger network changes based on different events
- Integrate OpenStack with OpenDayLight to build a fully managed network
- Learn how to build a software-defined datacenter using NFV and service-chaining technologies
About the Author
Reza Toghraee, CCIE 22518, is a network and security expert. For the last 15 years, he has designed and deployed many large campus and data center projects, leveraging his skills in networking, security, virtualization, compute, and storage. He has worked with all networking vendors. In 2013, he started exploring the hardware and software of Ethernet switches and was inspired to build an Audio Video Bridging (AVB) Ethernet switch by designing hardware and software protocols. Soon, he discovered SDN and early SDN controllers, and dedicated his time to promoting and contributing to SDN and the OpenNetworking community. He works as a freelance consultant for SDN, NFV, network automation, network virtualization, and cloud projects.
He can be reached via his e-mail: [email protected]
Table of Contents
- Introduction to SDN: Transformation from legacy to SDN
- Overview of OpenDayLight
- OpenDayLight Installation and Deployment
- Building virtual SDN test lab with virtual switches
- Basic Networking with OpenDayLight
- Overview of OpenDaylight Applications
- Building SDN applications for OpenDayLight
- Network Function Virtualization
- Building a Software-Driven Data Center with OpenDayLight
Download e-Book Pdf
Amazon ViewBuy It From Amazon
This site comply with DMCA digital copyright. We do not store files not owned by us, or without the permission of the owner. We also do not have links that lead to sites DMCA copyright infringement.
If You feel that this book is belong to you and you want to unpublish it, Please Contact us .
Raspberry Pi 3 Projects for Java Programmers