Page Count240 Pages
About the e-Book
Mastering Ceph Pdf
- Leverage Ceph's advanced features such as erasure coding, tiering, and Bluestore
- Solve large-scale problems with Ceph as a tool by understanding its strengths and weaknesses to develop the best solutions
- A practical guide that covers engaging use cases to help you use advanced features of Ceph effectively
Mastering Ceph covers all that you need to know to use Ceph effectively. Starting with design goals and planning steps that should be undertaken to ensure successful deployments, you will be guided through to setting up and deploying the Ceph cluster, with the help of orchestration tools. Key areas of Ceph including Bluestore, Erasure coding and cache tiering will be covered with help of examples. Development of applications which use Librados and Distributed computations with shared object classes are also covered. A section on tuning will take you through the process of optimisizing both Ceph and its supporting infrastructure. Finally, you will learn to troubleshoot issues and handle various scenarios where Ceph is likely not to recover on its own.
By the end of the book, you will be able to successfully deploy and operate a resilient high performance Ceph cluster.
What you will learn
- Know when and how to use some of Ceph's advanced new features
- Set up a test cluster with Ansible and some virtual machines using VirtualBox and Vagrant
- Develop novel solutions to massive problems with librados and shared object classes.
- Choose intelligent parameters for an erasure coded pool and set it up.
- Configure the Bluestore settings and see how they interact with different hardware configurations.
- Keep Ceph running through thick and thin with tuning, monitoring and disaster recovery advice.
About the Author
Nick Fisk is an IT specialist with a strong history in enterprise storage. Having worked in a variety of roles throughout his career, he has encountered a wide variety of technologies. In 2012, Nick was given the opportunity to focus more toward open source technologies, and this is when his first exposure to Ceph happened. Having seen the potential of Ceph as a storage platform and the benefits of moving away from the traditional closed-stack storage platforms, Nick pursued Ceph with a keen interest.
Throughout the following years, his experience with Ceph increased with the deployment of several clusters and enabled him to spend time in the Ceph community, helping others and improving certain areas of Ceph.
Table of Contents
- Planning for Ceph
- Deploying Ceph
- Erasure Coding for Better Storage Efficiency
- Developing with Librados
- Distributed Computation with Ceph RADOS Classes
- Monitoring Ceph
- Tiering with Ceph
- Tuning Ceph
- Disaster Recovery
This site comply with DMCA digital copyright. We do not store files not owned by us, or without the permission of the owner. We also do not have links that lead to sites DMCA copyright infringement.
If You feel that this book is belong to you and you want to unpublish it, Please Contact us .
Building Modern Web Applications Using Angular
Deep Learning: Practical Neural Networks with Java