Wordpress Web Application Development 3rd Edition
Page Count536 Pages
About the e-Book
Wordpress Web Application Development 3rd Edition Pdf
Learn in easy stages how to rapidly build leading-edge web applications from scratch.
About This Book
- Develop powerful web applications rapidly with WordPress
- Explore the significant features and improvements introduced in WordPress 4.7 by learning the numerous tips and techniques in this book.
- Unleash the power of REST API endpoints to make your interaction with websites new and innovative.
Who This Book Is For
This book is targeted at WordPress developers and designers who want to develop quality web applications within a limited time frame and maximize their profits. A prior knowledge of basic web development and design is assumed.
What You Will Learn
- Develop extendable plugins with the use of WordPress features in core modules
- Develop pluggable modules to extend the core features of WordPress as independent modules
- Manage permissions for a wide range of content types in web applications based on different user types
- Follow WordPress coding standards to develop reusable and maintainable code
- Build and customize themes beyond conventional web layouts
- Explore the power of core database tables and understand the limitations when designing database tables for large applications
- Integrate open source modules into WordPress applications to keep up with the latest open source technologies
- Customize the WordPress admin section and themes to create the look and feel of a typical web application
WordPress is one of the most rapidly expanding markets on the Web. Learning how to build complex and scalable web applications will give you the ability and knowledge to step into the future of WordPress. WordPress 4.7 introduces some exciting new improvements and several bug fixes, which further improve the entire development process.This book is a practical, scenario-based guide to expanding the power of the WordPress core modules to develop modular and maintainable real-world applications from scratch. This book consistently emphasizes adapting WordPress features into web applications. It will walk you through the advanced usages of existing features such as access controlling; database handling; custom post types; pluggable plugins; content restrictions; routing; translation; caching; and many more, while you build the backend of a forum management application.
This book begins by explaining how to plan the development of a web application using WordPress' core features. Once the core features are explained, you will learn how to build an application by extending them through custom plugin development. Finally, you will explore advanced non-functional features and application integration.
After reading this book, you will have the ability to develop powerful web applications rapidly within limited time frames.
Style and approach
An extensive, practical guide that explains how to adapt WordPress features, both conventional and trending, for web applications.
Rakhitha Nimesh Ratnayake is a freelance web developer, writer, and open source enthusiast. He has over 7 years of experience in developing WordPress applications and plugins. He develops premium WordPress plugins for individual clients and the CodeCanyon marketplace. User Profiles Made Easy and WP Private Content Plus are the most popular plugins developed by him. Rakhitha is the creator of, where he shares his latest WordPress plugins. He is also a regular contributor to a number of popular websites, such as 1st webdesigner, the Tuts+ network, and the SitePoint network. Building Impressive Presentations with impress.js was his first book, which was published by Packt Publishing. He is also the author of the first and second editions of WordPress Web Application Development. In his spare time, he likes to watch cricket and spend time with his family.
Download e-Book Pdf
Amazon ViewBuy It From Amazon
This site comply with DMCA digital copyright. We do not store files not owned by us, or without the permission of the owner. We also do not have links that lead to sites DMCA copyright infringement.
If You feel that this book is belong to you and you want to unpublish it, Please Contact us .
Learning Social Media Analytics with R
Implementing Azure Solutions