Page Count502 Pages
About the e-Book
Mastering Bash Pdf
Your one stop guide to making the most out of Bash programming
About This Book
- From roots to leaves, learn how to program in Bash and automate daily tasks, pouring some spice in your scripts
- Daemonize a script and make a real service of it, ensuring it's available at any time to process user-fed data or commands
- This book provides functional examples that show you practical applications of commands
Who This Book Is For
If you're a power user or system administrator involved in writing Bash scripts to automate tasks, then this book is for you. This book is also ideal for advanced users who are engaged in complex daily tasks.
What You Will Learn
- Understand Bash right from the basics and progress to an advanced level
- Customise your environment and automate system routine tasks
- Write structured scripts and create a command-line interface for your scripts
- Understand arrays, menus, and functions
- Securely execute remote commands using ssh
- Write Nagios plugins to automate your infrastructure checks
- Interact with web services, and a Slack notification script
- Find out how to execute subshells and take advantage of parallelism
- Explore inter-process communication and write your own daemon
System administration is an everyday effort that involves a lot of tedious tasks, and devious pits. Knowing your environment is the key to unleashing the most powerful solution that will make your life easy as an administrator, and show you the path to new heights. Bash is your Swiss army knife to set up your working or home environment as you want, when you want.
This book will enable you to customize your system step by step, making your own real, virtual, home out of it. The journey will take you swiftly through the basis of the shell programming in Bash to more interesting and challenging tasks. You will be introduced to one of the most famous open source monitoring systems—Nagios, and write complex programs with it in any languages. You'll see how to perform checks on your sites and applications.
Moving on, you'll discover how to write your own daemons so you can create your services and take advantage of inter-process communication to let your scripts talk to each other. So, despite these being everyday tasks, you'll have a lot of fun on the way. By the end of the book, you will have gained advanced knowledge of Bash that will help you automate routine tasks and manage your systems.
Style and approach
This book presents step-by-step instructions and expert advice on working with Bash and writing scripts. Starting from the basics, this book serves as a reference manual where you can find handy solutions and advice to make your scripts flexible and powerful.
Download e-Book Pdf
Amazon ViewBuy It From Amazon
This site comply with DMCA digital copyright. We do not store files not owned by us, or without the permission of the owner. We also do not have links that lead to sites DMCA copyright infringement.
If You feel that this book is belong to you and you want to unpublish it, Please Contact us .
Elegant SciPy: The Art of Scientific Python
Invent Your Own Computer Games with Python