Jenkins Essentials 2nd Edition
Page Count280 Pages
About the e-Book
Jenkins Essentials 2nd Edition Pdf
- Explore Continuous Integration and automation, along with how to manage and configure Jenkins
- Master using Jenkins to build, test, and package Java applications
- Learn about Jenkins' extensible features with automated deployment on cloud platforms such as AWS Elastic Beanstalk and Microsoft Azure App Services
- Learn about creating a pipeline using Build Pipeline plugin and the Pipeline as Code feature available after the release of Jenkins 2.0
In agile development practices, developers need to integrate their work frequently to fix bugs or to create a new feature or functionality. Jenkins is used specifically for Continuous Integration, helping to enforce the principles of agile development. This book focuses on the latest and stable release of Jenkins (2.5 and later), featuring the latest features, such as Pipeline as Code, the new setup experience, and the improved UI. With the all-new Pipeline as Code feature, you will be able to build simple or advanced pipelines easily and rapidly, hence improving your teams' productivity.
This book begins by tackling the installation of the necessary software dependencies and libraries you'll need to perform Continuous Integration for a Java application. From there, you'll integrate code repositories, applications, and build tools for the implementation of Continuous Integration.
Finally, you will also learn how to automate your deployment on cloud platforms such as AWS and Microsoft Azure, along with a few advanced testing techniques.
What you will learn
- Get to grips with the challenges faced by developer communities
- Learn about Continuous Integration and how it helps build various Java applications
- Facilitate the installation and configuration of Jenkins
- Install and configure code repositories and build tools
- Learn about the integration of Eclipse with Jenkins
- Manage the integration of Jenkins, code repositories, and build tools
- Familiarize yourself with Continuous Integration for Java applications with unit test execution and static code analysis
- Learn about Continuous Delivery and how to deploy applications in AWS and Microsoft Azure
About the Author
Mitesh Soni is an avid learner with 10 years' experience in the IT industry. He is an SCJP, SCWCD, VCP, IBM Urbancode, and IBM Bluemix certified professional. He loves DevOps and cloud computing and he also has an interest in programming in Java. He finds design patterns fascinating. He believes "a picture is worth a thousand words."
He occasionally contributes to etutorialsworld.com. He loves to play with kids, fiddle with his camera, and take photographs at Indroda Park. He is addicted to taking pictures without knowing many technical details. He lives in the capital of Mahatma Gandhi's home state.
Mitesh has authored the following books with Packt:
- DevOps Bootcamp
- Implementing DevOps with Microsoft Azure
- DevOps for Web Development
- Jenkins Essentials
- Learning Chef
Table of Contents
- Exploring Jenkins
- Installation and Configuration of Code Repositories and Build Tools
- Managing Code Quality and Notifications
- Continuous Integration with Jenkins
- Continuous Testing - Functional and Load Testing with Jenkins
- Continuous Delivery - Implementing Automated Deployment
- Build Pipeline and Pipeline as a Code
- Managing and Monitoring Jenkins
- Security in Jenkins
Download e-Book Pdf
Amazon ViewBuy It From Amazon
If You feel that this book is belong to you and you want to unpublish it, Please Contact us .
Python for Finance
Mastering Apache Cassandra