Restless Nights: Understanding Snoring and Sleep Apnea
Page Count288 Pages
About the e-Book
Restless Nights: Understanding Snoring and Sleep Apnea Pdf
People with severe sleep apnea may struggle for breath all through the night, not breathing for as long as ninety seconds at a time during their sleep. This syndrome, which affects at least four percent of men and two percent of women, can cause daytime fatigue, traffic and work accidents, deteriorating cognitive abilities, and cardiovascular problems. Yet until now there has been no accessible discussion of the history, physiology, and risk factors of sleep apnea. In this book Peretz Lavie, an expert in sleep research, tells the complete story of sleep apnea for the first time.
The book provides:
• an explanation of the symptoms of sleep apnea, including the most important one, snoring;
• an up-to-date description of the risk factors;
• a clear explanation why sleep apnea causes cardiovascular problems;
• a discussion of children’s breathing disorders in sleep;
• advice on how to get a consultation and diagnosis;
• evaluations of the treatments currently available;
• practical recommendations on how to live with the syndrome;
• interviews with the key figures in sleep apnea research;
• and more.
This site comply with DMCA digital copyright. We do not store files not owned by us, or without the permission of the owner. We also do not have links that lead to sites DMCA copyright infringement.
If You feel that this book is belong to you and you want to unpublish it, Please Contact us .
Personalizing Precision Medicine
Handbook of Brain Microcircuits