IoT Projects with Bluetooth Low Energy
Page Count278 Pages
About the e-Book
IoT Projects with Bluetooth Low Energy Pdf
- Build hands-on IoT projects using Bluetooth Low Energy and learn about Bluetooth 5 and its features.
- Build a health tracking system, and indoor navigation and warehouse weather monitoring projects using smart devices.
- Build on a theoretical foundation and create a practice-based understanding of Bluetooth Low Energy.
Bluetooth Low Energy, or Bluetooth Smart, is Wireless Personal Area networking aimed at smart devices and IoT applications. BLE has been increasingly adopted by application developers and IoT enthusiasts to establish connections between smart devices.
This book initially covers all the required aspects of BLE, before you start working on IoT projects. In the initial stages of the book, you will learn about the basic aspects of Bluetooth Low Energy—such as discovering devices, services, and characteristics—that will be helpful for advanced-level projects. This book will guide you through building hands-on projects using BLE and IoT. These projects include tracking health data, using a mobile App, and making this data available for health practitioners; Indoor navigation; creating beacons using the Raspberry Pi; and warehouse weather Monitoring. This book also covers aspects of Bluetooth 5 (the latest release) and its effect on each of these projects.
By the end of this book, you will have hands-on experience of using Bluetooth Low Energy to integrate with smart devices and IoT projects.
What you will learn
- Learn about the architecture and IoT uses of BLE, and in which domains it is being used the most
- Set up and learn about various development platforms (Android, iOS, Firebase, Raspberry Pi, Beacons, and GitHub)
- Create an Explorer App (Android/iOS) to diagnose a Fitness Tracker
- Design a Beacon with the Raspberry Pi and write an app to detect the Beacon
- Write a mobile app to periodically poll the BLE tracking sensor
- Compose an app to read data periodically from temperature and humidity sensors
- Explore more applications of BLE with IoT
- Design projects for both Android and iOS mobile platforms
About the Author
Madhur Bhargava holds a bachelor's degree in electronics and communication, after which he did a specialization in Wireless and Mobile Computing at CDAC ACTS Pune, India. He started his career at Electronic Arts as a trainee software engineer working on mobile games and eventually moved on to address problems in personalized healthcare, leveraging the power of mobile computing.
He is proficient in various mobile/embedded technologies and strives to be a software generalist. Since the inception of his career, he has worked extensively with various mobile technologies, such as Android, iOS, J2ME, Brew, Blackberry OS, and Xamarin. He has designed and developed Bluetooth Low Energy applications pertaining to the healthcare and automation domains for both Android and iOS platforms.
He believes that good software is the result of talented individuals working together as a communicative team in an Agile manner. He is both a Certified Scrum Master and a Certified Xamarin Developer.
Apart from work, he likes to spend time with family, read, and watch movies.
Table of Contents
- What is Bluetooth Low Energy
- Setting Up
- Building a Service Explorer App
- Designing a Personnel Tracking System
- Beacons with Raspberry Pi
- Weather monitoring Using BLE in Warehouses
- Going Further
Download e-Book Pdf
Amazon ViewBuy It From Amazon
If You feel that this book is belong to you and you want to unpublish it, Please Contact us .
Exploring Experience Design
Visual Basic For Kids