Building RESTful Web Services with PHP 7
Page Count231 Pages
About the e-Book
Building RESTful Web Services with PHP 7 Pdf
- Leverage the Lumen framework to build RESTful API endpoints for your applications
- Understand how to increase efficiency and security of your web service.
- Learn to apply the concepts by implementing the examples covered in the book
REST is the most wide spread and effective standard to develop APIs for internet services. With the way PHP 7 has modernized the way code is written by simplifying various operations, it is useful to develop RESTful APIs in PHP7.
This book explains in detail how to create your own RESTful API in PHP 7 that can be consumed by other users in your organization.
Starting with a brief introduction to the fundamentals of REST architecture and the new features in PHP 7, you will learn to implement basic RESTful API endpoints using vanilla PHP. The book explains how to identify flaws in security and design and teach you how to tackle them. You will learn about composer, Lumen framework and how to make your RESTful API cleaner, secure and efficient by following SOLID principles. The book emphasizes on automated tests, teaches about different testing types and give a brief introduction to microservices which is the natural way forward.
After reading this book, you will have a clear understanding of the REST architecture and you can build a web service from scratch.
What you will learn
- REST API architecture and its benefits
- How to write RESTful API web services in PHP7
- To address security related issues in a REST API
- Importance of automated testing and to write tests for API endpoints
- Implement SOLID principles in your code and the purpose of Micro-services
- How to identify security flaws in our current API endpoints and tackle them effectively
- The working of Lumen microframework and writing RESTful web services in it
About the Author
Haafiz Waheed-ud-din Ahmad has been working in the IT industry since 2008. He has mostly worked in web application development and mostly used PHP at the server side. Although most of his experience is in PHP, he is a technology agnostic person and also likes to learn and adapt to new technologies. He also acts as an adviser for startups and new developers.
Table of Contents
- REST Architecture and RESTful Web Services
- Important Features In PHP 7
- Creating RESTful API endpoints in Vanilla PHP
- Identify Security and Design Flaws
- Load and resolve with Composer, an Evolutionary
- Illuminating RESTful Web Services with Lumen
- Improving RESTful web services
- API Testing – Guards on the Gates
Download e-Book Pdf
Amazon ViewBuy It From Amazon
This site comply with DMCA digital copyright. We do not store files not owned by us, or without the permission of the owner. We also do not have links that lead to sites DMCA copyright infringement.
If You feel that this book is belong to you and you want to unpublish it, Please Contact us .
Beginning Apache Hadoop Administration