Fibromyalgia Syndrome: A Practitioners Guide to Treatment 3rd Edition
Page Count440 Pages
About the e-Book
Fibromyalgia Syndrome: A Practitioners Guide to Treatment 3rd Edition Pdf
In Fibromyalgia Syndrome – a practitioner’s guide to treatment Leon Chaitow and his contributors provide a comprehensive overview of this epidemiologically significant condition and describe the most effective multidisciplinary approaches to treatment.
Fibromyalgia Syndrome (FMS) was recognised as a syndrome by the WHO in 1990. Sufferers from this complex syndrome may experience a wide variety of symptoms, ranging from headaches and fatigue to widespread muscular pain or irritable bowel syndrome. FMS is the second commonest condition encountered in clinics for the treatment of chronic pain.
Because of its many presenting symptoms, different clinicians and therapists become involved in the treatment and management of FMS patients. Fibromyalgia Syndrome – a practitioner’s guide to treatment aims to help clinicians and therapists involved in the treatment and management of FMS to better understand the syndrome, and to plan appropriate treatment and management.
- Assists the practitioner to identify and understand the aetiology of FMS
- Provides a guide to all aspects of FMS management
- Presents a multidisciplinary view of FMS associated problems, and the different approaches to management
- Outlines clearly those therapeutic methods which produce sustained beneficial outcomes
- Written by a well-known osteopath with contribution from numerous experts from other health-care professions
- References the latest research findings and relates them to clinical practice
- Contains information on current conventional and complementary approaches to treatment, including manual therapies, Cognitive Behavioural Therapy, dry needling, acupuncture, hydrotherapy, microcurrent, thyroid replacement methods, therapeutic touch.
- Clinically important new and expanded chapters on Differential diagnosis: myofascial pain syndrome, Therapeutic Touch, Hydrotherapy and Microcurrent therapy in the treatment of fibromyalgia
- Includes a DVD containing video clips to explain management of FMS, as well as providing a complete electronic copy of the printed text.
Download e-Book Pdf
This site comply with DMCA digital copyright. We do not store files not owned by us, or without the permission of the owner. We also do not have links that lead to sites DMCA copyright infringement.
If You feel that this book is belong to you and you want to unpublish it, Please Contact us .
Pharmacology: A Handbook for Complementary Healthcare Professionals
Gynecologic Pathology: Foundations in Diagnostic Pathology