Swift 3 Protocol Oriented Programming 2nd Edition
Page Count218 Pages
About the e-Book
Swift 3 Protocol Oriented Programming 2nd Edition Pdf
- Leverage the power of protocol-oriented programming in your applications and learn from real world use cases
- Create a flexible codebase with protocols and protocol extensions
- Increase the overall productivity and performance of applications with protocol-oriented programming
One of the most important additions to the new features and capabilities of the Swift programming language was an overhaul of Protocols. Protocol-oriented programming and first class value semantics have now become two incredibly powerful concepts at the heart of Swift’s design.
This book will help you understand the difference between object-oriented programming and protocol-oriented programming. It will demonstrate how to work with protocol-oriented programming using real world use cases. You will gain solid knowledge of the different types that can be used in Swift and the differences between value and reference types. You will be taught how to utilize the advanced features of protocol-oriented programming to boost the performance of your applications.
By the end of the book, you will have a thorough understanding of protocol-oriented programming and how to utilize it to build powerful, practical applications.
What you will learn
- Understand the difference between object-oriented programming and protocol-oriented programming
- Explore the different types that Swift offers and what pitfalls to avoid
- Error handling with do-try-catch block
- Delve into Generics and Generic programming
- Implement several design patterns in a protocol-oriented way
- How to design applications by prioritizing the protocol first and the actual type second
About the Author
Jon Hoffman has over 20 years of experience in the field of information technology. Over those 20 years, Jon has worked in the areas of system administration, network administration, network security, application development, and architecture. Currently, Jon works as a senior software engineer for Syn-Tech Systems.
Jon has developed extensively for the iOS platform since 2008. This includes several apps that he has published in the App Store, apps that he has written for third parties, and numerous enterprise applications. What really drives Jon is the challenges the information technology field provides and there is nothing more exhilarating to him than overcoming a challenge.
You can follow Jon on his two blogs: http://masteringswift.blogspot.com and http://myroboticadventure.blogspot.com.
Some of Jon’s other interests are watching baseball (Go Sox) and basketball (Go Celtics). Jon also really enjoys Tae Kwon Do where he and his oldest daughter Kailey earned their black belts together early in 2014, Kim (his wife) earned her black belt in December 2014, and his youngest daughter is currently working towards her black belt.
Table of Contents
- Object-Oriented and Protocol-Oriented Programming
- Our Type Choices
- Catching Our Errors
- All About the Protocol
- Lets Extend Some Types
- Working with Generics
- Adopting Design Patterns in Swift
- Case Studies
Download e-Book Pdf
This site comply with DMCA digital copyright. We do not store files not owned by us, or without the permission of the owner. We also do not have links that lead to sites DMCA copyright infringement.
If You feel that this book is belong to you and you want to unpublish it, Please Contact us .
Apache Spark Cookbook
Ionic 2 Blueprints