Implementing Modern DevOps
Page Count326 Pages
About the e-Book
Implementing Modern DevOps Pdf
- Helps you skill up your DevOps knowledge without a strong set of prerequisites
- Deliver continuously improved software by showcasing the most advanced tools and techniques
- Acquire a deeper insight into implementing DevOps in your organization and deliver results from day 1
This book follows a unique approach to modern DevOps using cutting-edge tools and technologies such as Ansible, Kubernetes, and Google Cloud Platform.
This book starts by explaining the organizational alignment that has to happen in every company that wants to implement DevOps in order to be effective, and the use of cloud datacenters in combination with the most advanced DevOps tools to get the best out of a small team of skilled engineers. It also delves into how to use Kubernetes to run your applications in Google Cloud Platform, minimizing the friction and hassle of maintaining a cluster but ensuring its high availability.
By the end of this book, you will be able to realign teams in your company and create a Continuous Delivery pipeline with Kubernetes and Docker. With strong monitoring in place, you will also be able to react to adverse events in your system, minimizing downtime and improving the overall up-time and stability of your system.
What you will learn
- Master development best practices.
- Understand how the Agile Delivery Methodology helps you ensure accuracy and quality.
- Analyze branching strategies such as branch creation, merging, and synchronization.
- Learn to automate builds to deploy and deliver code faster and more often
- Explore testing frameworks and how to automate testing
- Learn to put specific metrics in place to measure ROI of DevOps and monitor logs and events in a system
About the Author
David Gonzalez is an enthusiastic engineer and author of a book called Developing Microservices with Node.js; as microservices don't work without platform automation, he wrote this book to deliver the best possible deal to the readers of both books.
He is a Google Developer Expert (a nomination from Google to certain experts in several areas) in Kubernetes (GKE), who enjoys being pushed out of his comfort zone in order to sharpen his skills. Java, Node.js, Python, and DevOps--as well as a holistic approach to security--are part of the skill set that has helped him deliver value across different start-ups and corporations.
Nowadays, he is a consultant at nearForm, enabling companies to deliver the best possible solution to their IT problems or proposals, as well as an avid speaker at conferences, such as RebelCon and Google I/O Extended, among others.
Table of Contents
- Devops in the real world
- Cloud data centres: the new reality
- Continuous Integration
- Infrastructure as Code (IaC)
- Server Provisioning
- Clustering as Code: Docker Swarm and Kubernetes
- Release Management: Continuous Delivery
This site comply with DMCA digital copyright. We do not store files not owned by us, or without the permission of the owner. We also do not have links that lead to sites DMCA copyright infringement.
If You feel that this book is belong to you and you want to unpublish it, Please Contact us .
Machine Learning: End-to-End guide for Java developers
Web Development with MongoDB and Node