Go Systems Programming
Page Count466 Pages
About the e-Book
Go Systems Programming Pdf
- Learn how to write system's level code in Golang, similar to Unix/Linux systems code
- Ramp up in Go quickly
- Deep dive into Goroutines and Go concurrency to be able to take advantage of Go server-level constructs
Go is the new systems programming language for Linux and Unix systems. It is also the language in which some of the most prominent cloud-level systems have been written, such as Docker. Where C programmers used to rule, Go programmers are in demand to write highly optimized systems programming code.
Created by some of the original designers of C and Unix, Go expands the systems programmers toolkit and adds a mature, clear programming language. Traditional system applications become easier to write since pointers are not relevant and garbage collection has taken away the most problematic area for low-level systems code: memory management.
This book opens up the world of high-performance Unix system applications to the beginning Go programmer. It does not get stuck on single systems or even system types, but tries to expand the original teachings from Unix system level programming to all types of servers, the cloud, and the web.
What you will learn
- Explore the Go language from the standpoint of a developer conversant with Unix, Linux, and so on
- Understand Goroutines, the lightweight threads used for systems and concurrent applications
- Learn how to translate Unix and Linux systems code in C to Golang code
- How to write fast and lightweight server code
- Dive into concurrency with Go
- Write low-level networking code
About the Author
Mihalis Tsoukalos is a Unix administrator, programmer, DBA, and mathematician, who enjoys writing technical books and articles and learning new things. He has written more than 250 technical articles for many magazines including Sys Admin, MacTech, Linux User and Developer, USENIX ;login:, Linux Format, and Linux Journal. His research interests include databases, operating systems, Statistics, and machine learning.
He is also the technical editor for MongoDB in Action, Second Edition, published by Manning.
Table of Contents
- Getting Started with Go and Unix Systems Programming
- Writing programs in Go
- Advanced Go Features
- Go Packages, Algorithms, and Data Structures
- Files and Directories
- File Input and Output
- Working with System Files
- Processes and Signals
- Goroutines - Basic Features
- Goroutines - Advance Features
- Writing Web Applications in Go
- Network Programming
Download e-Book Pdf
This site comply with DMCA digital copyright. We do not store files not owned by us, or without the permission of the owner. We also do not have links that lead to sites DMCA copyright infringement.
If You feel that this book is belong to you and you want to unpublish it, Please Contact us .
Swift 4 Programming Cookbook
Mastering Assembly Programming