Progressive Web Apps with React
Page Count427 Pages
About the e-Book
Progressive Web Apps with React Pdf
- Bring the best of mobile sites and native apps to your users with progressive web applications
- Create fast, reliable, and engaging PWAs with React and Firebase
- Create high-performance applications even with low connection speeds by leveraging modern web technologies
For years, the speed and power of web apps has lagged behind native applications. Progressive Web Apps (PWAs) aim to solve this by bridging the gap between the web apps and native apps, delivering a host of exciting features. Simultaneously, React is fast becoming the go-to solution for building modern web UIs, combining ease of development with performance and capability. Using React alongside PWA technology will make it easy for you to build a fast, beautiful, and functional web app.
After an introduction and brief overview of the goals of PWAs, the book moves on to setting up the application structure. From there, it covers the Webpack build process and the process of creating React components. You'll learn how to set up the backend database and authentication solution to communicate with Firebase and how to work with React Router. Next, you will create and configure your web app manifest, making your PWA installable on mobile devices. Then you'll get introduced to service workers and see how they work as we configure the app to send push notifications using Firebase Cloud Messaging. We'll also explore the App Shell pattern, a key concept in PWAs and look at its advantages regarding efficient performance. Finally, you'll learn how to add offline capabilities to the app with caching and confirm your progress by auditing your PWA with Lighthouse. Also, you'll discover helper libraries and shortcuts that will help you save time and understand the future of PWA development.
What you will learn
- Set up Webpack configuration, as well as get the development server running
- Learn basic Firebase configuration and deployment
- Create routes, manage multiple components, and learn how to use React Router v4 to manage the flow of data
- Use React life cycle methods to load data
- Add a service worker to the app and learn how it works
- Use a service worker to send Push Notifications
- Learn how to use the web Cache API to use your app offline
- Audit PWAs with Google's Lighthouse tool
About the Author
Scott Domes is a full stack developer who specializes in React, with a passion for building powerful and performant web applications, and for playing with shiny new technologies. Based out of Vancouver, when not coding he's probably out hiking some mountain, or getting lost in a good book. Scott loves to teach and talk about web development, and is always looking to learn new things.
Table of Contents
- Creating Our App Structure
- Getting Started with Webpack
- Our App's Login Page
- Easy Back-End Setup With Firebase
- Routing with React
- Completing Our App
- Making Our App Installable with a Manifest
- Adding a Service Worker
- Using a Service Worker to Send Push Notifications
- The App Shell
- Ready to Cache
- Auditing Our App
- Conclusion & Next Steps
Download e-Book Pdf
This site comply with DMCA digital copyright. We do not store files not owned by us, or without the permission of the owner. We also do not have links that lead to sites DMCA copyright infringement.
If You feel that this book is belong to you and you want to unpublish it, Please Contact us .
iPhone for Seniors in easy steps
Microsoft Office 2016: Home & Business