MongoDB Administrator's Guide
Page Count226 Pages
About the e-Book
MongoDB Administrator's Guide Pdf
- Configure and deploy your MongoDB instance securely, without any hassle
- Optimize your database's query performance, perform scale-out operations, and make your database highly available
- Practical guide with a recipe-based approach to help you tackle any problem in the application and database administration aspects of MongoDB
MongoDB is a high-performance and feature-rich NoSQL database that forms the backbone of the systems that power many different organizations. Packed with many features that have become essential for many different types of software professional and incredibly easy to use, this cookbook contains more than 100 recipes to address the everyday challenges of working with MongoDB.
Starting with database configuration, you will understand the indexing aspects of MongoDB. The book also includes practical recipes on how you can optimize your database query performance, perform diagnostics, and query debugging. You will also learn how to implement the core administration tasks required for high-availability and scalability, achieved through replica sets and sharding, respectively. You will also implement server security concepts such as authentication, user management, role-based access models, and TLS configuration. You will also learn how to back up and recover your database efficiently and monitor server performance.
By the end of this book, you will have all the information you need—along with tips, tricks, and best practices—to implement a high-performance MongoDB solution.
What you will learn
- Install and deploy MongoDB in production
- Manage and implement optimal indexes
- Optimize monitoring in MongoDB
- Fine-tune the performance of your queries
- Debug and diagnose your database's performance
- Optimize database backups and recovery and ensure high availability
- Make your MongoDB instance scalable
- Implement security and user authentication features in MongoDB
- Master optimal cloud deployment strategies
About the Author
Cyrus Dasadia has enjoyed tinkering with open source projects since 1996. He has been working as a Linux system administrator and part-time programmer for over a decade. He works at InMobi, where he loves designing tools and platforms. His love for MongoDB blossomed in 2013, when he was amazed by its ease of use and stability. Since then, almost all of his projects have been written with MongoDB as the primary backend. Cyrus is also the creator of an open source alert management system called CitoEngine. His spare time is devoted to trying to reverse-engineer software, playing computer games, or increasing his silliness quotient by watching reruns of Monty Python.
Table of Contents
- Installation and Configuration
- Understanding and Managing Indexes
- Performance Tuning
- High Availability with Replication
- High Scalability with Sharding
- Managing MongoDB backups
- Restoring MongoDB from backups
- Monitoring MongoDB
- Authentication and Security in MongoDB
- Deploying MongoDB in Production
Download e-Book Pdf
This site comply with DMCA digital copyright. We do not store files not owned by us, or without the permission of the owner. We also do not have links that lead to sites DMCA copyright infringement.
If You feel that this book is belong to you and you want to unpublish it, Please Contact us .
TCP / IP
iPhone for Seniors in easy steps