Mastering Software Testing with JUnit 5
Page Count350 Pages
About the e-Book
Mastering Software Testing with JUnit 5 Pdf
- In-depth coverage of Jupiter, the new programming and extension model provided by JUnit 5
- Integration of JUnit 5 with other frameworks such as Mockito, Spring, Selenium, Cucumber, and Docker
- Best practices for writing meaningful Jupiter test cases
When building an application it is of utmost importance to have clean code, a productive environment and efficient systems in place. Having automated unit testing in place helps developers to achieve these goals. The JUnit testing framework is a popular choice among Java developers and has recently released a major version update with JUnit 5.
This book shows you how to make use of the power of JUnit 5 to write better software.
The book begins with an introduction to software quality and software testing. After that, you will see an in-depth analysis of all the features of Jupiter, the new programming and extension model provided by JUnit 5. You will learn how to integrate JUnit 5 with other frameworks such as Mockito, Spring, Selenium, Cucumber, and Docker.
After the technical features of JUnit 5, the final part of this book will train you for the daily work of a software tester. You will learn best practices for writing meaningful tests. Finally, you will learn how software testing fits into the overall software development process, and sits alongside continuous integration, defect tracking, and test reporting.
What you will learn
- The importance of software testing and its impact on software quality
- The options available for testing Java applications
- The architecture, features and extension model of JUnit 5
- Writing test cases using the Jupiter programming model
- How to use the latest and advanced features of JUnit 5
- Integrating JUnit 5 with existing third-party frameworks
- Best practices for writing meaningful JUnit 5 test cases
- Managing software testing activities in a living software project
About the Author
Boni Garcia has a PhD degree on Information and Communications Technology from Technical University of Madrid (UPM) in Spain since 2011. Currently he works as a Researcher at King Juan Carlos University (URJC) and Assistant Professor at Digital Art and Technology University (U-tad) in Spain. He is member of Kurento project, where he is in charge of the testing framework for WebRTC applications. He participates in the coordination of the ElasTest project, an elastic platform aimed to ease end-to-end testing. Boni is an active member on the free open source software (FOSS) community with big emphasis on software testing and web engineering. Among other, he owns the open source projects WebDriverManager and selenium-jupiter (JUnit 5 extension for Selenium).
Table of Contents
- Retrospective on software quality and Java testing
- What's new in JUnit 5
- JUnit 5 standard tests
- Simplifying testing with advanced JUnit features
- Integration of JUnit 5 with external frameworks
- From requirements to test cases
- Testing management
Download e-Book Pdf
This site comply with DMCA digital copyright. We do not store files not owned by us, or without the permission of the owner. We also do not have links that lead to sites DMCA copyright infringement.
If You feel that this book is belong to you and you want to unpublish it, Please Contact us .
C++: Advanced Features and Programming Techniques
VMware Workstation Player