SQL Server on Linux
Page Count222 Pages
About the e-Book
SQL Server on Linux Pdf
- Design and administer your SQL Server solution on the open source Linux platform
- Install, configure, and fine-tune your database application for maximum performance
- An easy-to-follow guide teaching you how to implement various SQL Server CTP 2.x offerings on Linux—from installation to administration
Microsoft's launch of SQL Server on Linux has made SQL Server a truly versatile platform across different operating systems and data-types, both on-premise and on-cloud.
This book is your handy guide to setting up and implementing your SQL Server solution on the open source Linux platform. You will start by understanding how SQL Server can be installed on supported and unsupported Linux distributions. Then you will brush up your SQL Server skills by creating and querying database objects and implementing basic administration tasks to support business continuity, including security and performance optimization. This book will also take you beyond the basics and highlight some advanced topics such as in-memory OLTP and temporal tables.
By the end of this book, you will be able to recognize and utilize the full potential of setting up an efficient SQL Server database solution in your Linux environment.
What you will learn
- Install and set up SQL Server CTP 2.x on Linux
- Create and work with database objects using SQL Server on Linux
- Configure and administer SQL Server on Linux-based systems
- Create and restore database back-ups
- Protect sensitive data using the built-in cryptographic features
- Optimize query execution using indexes
- Improve query execution time by more than 10x using in-memory OLTP
- Track row-versioning using temporal tables
About the Author
Jasmin Azemovic is a university professor active in the database systems, information security, data privacy, forensic analysis, and fraud detection fields. His PhD degree was in modeling design and developing an environment for the preservation of privacy inside database systems. He is the author of many scientific research papers and two books: Writing T-SQL Queries for Beginners Using Microsoft SQL Server 2012 and Securing SQL Server 2012. He has been a Microsoft MVP (Data Platform) for the last 10 years and an information security consultant. He is an active speaker at many IT professional and community conferences.
Table of Contents
- Linux distributions
- Installation and configuration
- SQL Server basics
- Database in the sandbox
- Sample databases
- Crash course in querying
- Backup and recovery operations
- User management
- Implementing Data protection
- In-memory OLTP
- Beyond SQL Server
Download e-Book Pdf
This site comply with DMCA digital copyright. We do not store files not owned by us, or without the permission of the owner. We also do not have links that lead to sites DMCA copyright infringement.
If You feel that this book is belong to you and you want to unpublish it, Please Contact us .
Oracle API Management 12c Implementation
Unity from Proficiency to Mastery