Functional Programming in Java
Page Count472 Pages
About the e-Book
Functional Programming in Java Pdf
Functional Programming in Java teaches Java developers how to incorporate the most powerful benefits of functional programming into new and existing Java code. You'll learn to think functionally about coding tasks in Java and use FP to make your applications easier to understand, optimize, maintain, and scale.
Purchase of the print book includes a free eBook in PDF, Kindle, and ePub formats from Manning Publications.
About the Technology
Here's a bold statement: learn functional programming and you'll be a better Java developer. Fortunately, you don't have to master every aspect of FP to get a big payoff. If you take in a few core principles, you'll see an immediate boost in the scalability, readability, and maintainability of your code. And did we mention that you'll have fewer bugs? Let's get started!
About the Book
Functional Programming in Java teaches you how to incorporate the powerful benefits of functional programming into new and existing Java code. This book uses easy-to-grasp examples, exercises, and illustrations to teach core FP principles such as referential transparency, immutability, persistence, and laziness. Along the way, you'll discover which of the new functionally inspired features of Java 8 will help you most.
- Writing code that's easier to read and reason about
- Safer concurrent and parallel programming
- Handling errors without exceptions
- Java 8 features like lambdas, method references, and functional interfaces
About the Reader
Written for Java developers with no previous FP experience.
About the Author
Pierre-Yves Saumont is a seasoned Java developer with three decades of experience designing and building enterprise software. He is an R&D engineer at Alcatel-Lucent Submarine Networks.
Table of Contents
- What is functional programming?
- Using functions in Java
- Making Java more functional
- Recursion, corecursion, and memoization
- Data handling with lists
- Dealing with optional data
- Handling errors and exceptions
- Advanced list handling
- Working with laziness
- More data handling with trees
- Solving real problems with advanced trees
- Handling state mutation in a functional way
- Functional input/output
- Sharing mutable state with actors
- Solving common problems functionally
Download e-Book Pdf
This site comply with DMCA digital copyright. We do not store files not owned by us, or without the permission of the owner. We also do not have links that lead to sites DMCA copyright infringement.
If You feel that this book is belong to you and you want to unpublish it, Please Contact us .
Photographer's Market 2018
Java Programming for Beginners