The Routledge Companion to Sounding Art
About the e-Book
The Routledge Companion to Sounding Art Pdf
The Routledge Companion to Sounding Art presents an overview of the issues, methods, and approaches crucial for the study of sound in artistic practice. Thirty-six essays cover a variety of interdisciplinary approaches to studying sounding art from the fields of musicology, cultural studies, sound design, auditory culture, art history, and philosophy. The companion website hosts sound examples and links to further resources.
The collection is organized around six main themes:
- Sounding Art: The notion of sounding art, its relation to sound studies, and its evolution and possibilities.
- Acoustic Knowledge and Communication: How we approach, study, and analyze sound and the challenges of writing about sound.
- Listening and Memory: Listening from different perspectives, from the psychology of listening to embodied and technologically mediated listening.
- Acoustic Spaces, Identities and Communities: How humans arrange their sonic environments, how this relates to sonic identity, how music contributes to our environment, and the ethical and political implications of sound.
- Sonic Histories: How studying sounding art can contribute methodologically and epistemologically to historiography.
- Sound Technologies and Media: The impact of sonic technologies on contemporary culture, electroacoustic innovation, and how the way we make and access music has changed.
With contributions from leading scholars and cutting-edge researchers, The Routledge Companion to Sounding Art is an essential resource for anyone studying the intersection of sound and art.
Download e-Book Pdf
Amazon ViewBuy It From Amazon
This site comply with DMCA digital copyright. We do not store files not owned by us, or without the permission of the owner. We also do not have links that lead to sites DMCA copyright infringement.
If You feel that this book is belong to you and you want to unpublish it, Please Contact us .
Physical Therapy Clinical Handbook for PTAs
Handbook of Children's Rights