Introduction to Quality and Safety Education for Nurses 2nd Edition
⇊ Click Below to view the e-Book ⇊
Important Notes Before Download / View Book:
- Use Adobe Acrobat Reader To Open The Book
- If You Got Google Drive Download Limit Or try after 24 Hours Please Check The Below Video!
Solved! Google Drive Limit Download - How To Pass
This second edition of Introduction to Quality and Safety Education for Nurses has been thoroughly updated with a leadership and management perspective while retaining core content that unpacks the knowledge and skills required of entry-level nurses in each of the six Quality and Safety Education for Nurses (QSEN) domains. After heart disease and cancer, patient safety errors rank as the third-leading cause of death in the U.S. As patients’ needs have increased in complexity and inter-professional teamwork and collaboration has become essential, only strong leadership skills can ensure high-quality and safe care. Nurses, largest group of health care professionals that spend the most time with patients, are uniquely suited to lead through effective management and communication in this dynamic environment.
With contributions from nurses, physicians, pharmacists, librarians, attorney, and other health care professionals throughout the U.S. and beyond, Introduction to Quality and Safety Education for Nurses, Second Edition underscores the inter-professional focus grounding health care practice today. The updated edition includes five new chapters on implementing quality and safety initiatives from a leadership and management perspective, and state-of-the-art information on quality improvement. Each chapter contains learning objectives, opening scenarios, case studies, interviews, critical thinking exercises, key concepts, clinical discussion points, review activities, NCLEX-style questions, and web resources.
New to the Second Edition:
- Increased focus on leadership and management aspects of Quality and Safety
- Updated information from national and state health care and nursing organizations
- An evolving clinical case study for application of concepts throughout the text
- Additional patient care cases and real-life examples
- Interviews with a myriad of health care professionals such as educators, library scientists, lawyers, psychologists, risk managers, and many others
- Five new chapters addressing nurse leadership and management of high-quality care, legal and ethical aspects of quality and safety, delegating patient care and setting priorities, tools of quality improvement, and quality improvement project management
- Helps nursing schools to fulfill accreditation standards for quality and safety curricula
- Maps the QSEN competencies for knowledge, skills and attitudes(KSA’s) for each chapter
- Includes objectives, critical thinking exercises, case studies, interviews, NCLEX-style questions, photos, tables, suggested readings, and more in each chapter
- Provides instructor package with PowerPoint slides, Q&A, answers for case study and critical thinking exercises, and more
- Provides knowledge for Nursing Education QSEN-specific courses
- KSAs throughout chapters