Management of Orthopaedic Infections: A Practical Guide
⇊ Click Below to view the e-Book ⇊
Important Notes Before Download / View Book:
- Use Adobe Acrobat Reader To Open The Book
- If You Got Google Drive Download Limit Or try after 24 Hours Please Check The Below Video!
Solved! Google Drive Limit Download - How To Pass
An evidence-based resource for effectively managing challenging orthopaedic infections
Orthopaedic infections represent common, potentially devastating, and sometimes fatal complications that can occur after any surgery. Infections associated with orthopaedic trauma are especially prevalent, and there is an increasing incidence of bone infections linked to a greater number of joint arthroplasties being performed annually. Management of Orthopaedic Infections: A Practical Guide by renowned orthopaedic surgeon and researcher Antonia Chen is a practical clinical reference to assist clinicians in the diagnosis and treatment of challenging infections spanning the entire orthopaedic specialty.
The step-by-step guide covers frequent organisms found in orthopaedics, molecular methods to improve organism determination, different antibiotic formulations to treat infections, various irrigation solutions used during surgery, and surgical dressings. Ten concise chapters cover surgical management of common infectious pathologies, including osteomyelitis, septic joint, periprosthetic joint infection, open fractures and infected nonunions, spine infections, and graft infections.
- High-quality figures and instructional surgical videos illustrate and enhance understanding of important concepts
- Multiple tables provide quick references and easy access to salient information needed to manage the care of patients with orthopaedic infections
- Practical tips from clinicians with vast expertise inform optimal treatment strategies and enable improved outcomes
This is a must-have pocket resource for medical students, residents, fellows, and practitioners in orthopaedic surgery, as well as allied health personnel.