Mastering Unity 5.x
⇊ Click Below to view the e-Book ⇊
Important Notes Before Download / View Book:
- Use Adobe Acrobat Reader To Open The Book
- If You Got Google Drive Download Limit Or try after 24 Hours Please Check The Below Video!
Solved! Google Drive Limit Download - How To Pass
- Become a Unity master by creating a practical, in-depth game-development project with Unity
- Use advanced C# scripting to unlock the complete potential of Unity 5
- Use Version Control to Effectively Manage and Scale your workflow
Do you want to take the leap from being an everyday Unity developer to being a pro game developer? Then look no further! This book is your one stop solution to creating mesmerizing games with lifelike features and amazing gameplay.
This book takes an in-depth focus on a practical project with Unity, building a first-person game with many features. You'll dive deep into the architecture of a Unity game, creating expansive worlds, interesting render effects, and other features to make your games special. You will create individual game components, use efficient animation techniques, and implement collision and physics effectively. Specifically, we'll explore optimal techniques for importing game assets, such as meshes and textures; tips and tricks for effective level design; how to animate and script NPCs; how to configure and deploy to mobile devices; how to prepare for VR development; and how to work with version control, and more.
By the end of this book, you'll have developed sufficient competency in Unity development to produce fun games with confidence.
What you will learn
- Explore hands-on tasks and real-world scenarios to make a Unity horror adventure game
- Create enemy characters that act intelligently and make reasoned decisions
- Use data files to save and restore game data in a way that is platform-agnostic
- Get started with VR development
- Use Navigation Meshes, Occlusion Culling, and the Profiler tools
- Work confidently with GameObjects, Rotations, and Transformations
- Understand specific gameplay features such as AI enemies, inventory systems, and level design
About the Author
Alan Thorn is a multidisciplinary game developer, author, and educator with industry experience of 17 years. He makes games for PC desktop, mobile, and VR. He founded Wax Lyrical Games and created the award-winning Baron Wittard: Nemesis of Ragnarok game, working as designer, programmer, and artist. He has written twenty-three technical books on game development and presented 19 video training courses. These cover game-play programming, Unity development, 3D modeling, and animation. He has worked in games education as a senior lecturer for Teesside University, a lead teacher for Uppingham School, and a visiting lecturer for the London South Bank University. He is currently the head of department for Games Design and Development at the National Film and Television School.
Table of Contents
- Preparation and Asset-Configuring
- Level Design and Structure
- Player Controls - Movement
- Player Controls - Typing and Health
- Enemies and Artificial Intelligence
- Project Management and Version Control
- Persistent Data - Load and Save Game States
- Performance, Optimization, Mobiles, and More