⇊ Click Below to view the e-Book ⇊
Important Notes Before Download / View Book:
- Use Adobe Acrobat Reader To Open The Book
- If You Got Google Drive Download Limit Or try after 24 Hours Please Check The Below Video!
Solved! Google Drive Limit Download - How To Pass
- Leverage ServiceNow's capabilities to achieve improved service management and excellent results in your IT operations by following step-by-step, practical instructions
- Build core administration, management, and maintenance skills with IT service management and IT operations management
- Improve your workflow efficiency by designing and creating responsive and automated workflows
This book shows you how to put important ServiceNow features to work in the real world. We will introduce key concepts and examples on managing and automating IT services, and help you build a solid foundation towards this new approach. We'll demonstrate how to effectively implement various system configurations within ServiceNow. We'll show you how to configure and administer your instance, and then move on to building strong user interfaces and creating powerful workflows.
We also cover other key elements of ServiceNow, such as alerts and notifications, security, reporting, and custom development. You will learn how to improve your business' workflow, processes, and operational efficiency. By the end of this book, you will be able to successfully configure and manage ServiceNow within your organization.
What you will learn
- Acquire and configure your own free personal developer instance of ServiceNow
- Read (and write!) clear, effective requirements for ServiceNow development
- Avoid common pitfalls and missteps that could seriously impact future progress and upgradeability
- Know how to troubleshoot when things go wrong using debugging tools
- Discover developer “tips and tricks”
- Pick up great tips from top ServiceNow development and administration professionals, and find out what they wish they knew when they were starting out
About the Author
Tim Woodruff has spent his entire adult life working in IT systems and development, with over a decade of experience in both. He's worked for a wide variety of companies in many industries, each with their own unique processes, systems, and needs. When Tim was introduced to ServiceNow in 2010, IT Service Management suddenly seemed ... not simple, but at least – simpler.
Tim now runs a start-up ServiceNow development and architecture consulting company, and writes custom ServiceNow apps which he licenses or gives away for free through his company's website, www.snprotips.com.
When he's not working, Tim can be found exploring abandoned nuclear power plants and other forgotten landscapes, researching obscure and arcane programming trivia, studying physics, and flying his drone with his wife (Kim) and their Beagle (Seven of Nine).
Table of Contents
- The Interface
- Lists and Forms
- UI Customization
- Understanding Data and Relationships
- Tasks and Workflows
- UI and Data Policies
- User Administration and Security
- Introduction to Scripting
- The Server-side Glide API
- The Client-side Glide API
- Server-side Scripting
- Client-side Scripting
- Pro Tips